• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Domiciles

Hey all,

Home for the weekend........SWA rules!

Assignments come out around the 28th of Feb or later. The Jan 6th class still doesn't have their's. Word is OAK......kind of a running joke. Possible other domicile since the April bids increase the BWI and MCO staffing, but who knows.

Average age was about 35 years old.

Oldest = 48
Youngest = 29
Me = 36.8 (I was 9 out of 20)

Slug

Thanks Slug!!

You been getting home a weekend or two??? Or you been staying in Dal??

I think after 7 weeks, my son isn't going to remember me. :)

OAK

It's funny, I always assumed (and we know what that means) that you were much, much older...late 40's, early 50s. Must be the mature posts :D

31 here... looks like I'll sitting at the back of the room. Any others in the Feb 17th class care to mention age?

I'll be 38 on the 24th...the week after class starts....come on HOU (or PHX or DAL or MCO or BWI or MDW or OAK in that order)...but in the end...it just doesn't matter.

Big D in 9 days and a wake up...see ya there!

DirtyNasty

DirtyNasty said:

Big D in 9 days and a wake up...see ya there!

God I hope you're right, Dirty....my C-5 reserve buddy in CA just got ACTIVATED. Yeah, the Big A. I'm going to be chewing my nails to the bone for these 9 days....

Seeya there...(he said tentatively, slowly losing his sense of humor)
--HP

I HATE THIS.

Oak,

Ground school is about 4 weeks long, with the weekends to yourself. I don’t think they care where you go as long as you are prepared for class.

After ground school, YOU (being a youngster and probably in the second half of the class based on age) can expect about 5 days before you start sims. After that comes some scheduled observation flights and then the four days with the check airman. Then comes your first full month of flying out of your temporary domicile (Maybe Oakland, you never know).

Finally, you will be sitting reserve out of your permanent domicile, probably, (drum roll please), Oakland! I’m guessing that will be about May-ish??

What am I saying? You’ll have quite a few days off in between and ample opportunity to see your boy. He won’t forget you!!!;)

BD32

And HPaul3, good luck to you. I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

Hey Righty

When you going to be thirty two??? I am betting on you carrying the rattle!!!

:)

MDY or Bust!!! :)

I am with the rest of you. I really don't care where I go as long as it is with SWA!!!!!

According to the unofficaial pool, I am about number 25 to batt.
Did they say anything in D about a March class?

Thanks for any intellegence.

Latest resources

Back