SWA publicity/hiring stunt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAnnabee

Does anyone know if the guy who hired the banner plane to fly over the Dallas HQ ever got interviewed or hired?

Also, any word on upcomming decision boards and their hiring percentages. Looking at how many pilots SWA needs for this year (~650) compared with the number of typed and qualified applicants and the hiring-attrition rate, it would seem that they will quickly run out of qualified applicants before meeting even THIS years hiring requirements. I have heard rumors that this is being addressed and future decision boards may accept more and reject less. Any truth to any of this?

Thanks in advance,
Boz

I interviewed the day after the banner towing incident. The powers that be were not happy about it at all.

Thats a question I have **NOT FLAIM BAIT**

Why does SWA hiring board turn down so many people WITH 737 types. I keep reading the hiring rate is 50% at best. You interview 150 to get 75 only. It reminds me of the UAL days when they would interview 500 a week to hire 40. Its great to get a call for a "chance" but why turn down 50% with types. Can they all be that bad or "not a swa fit" Just a question guys thanks.

I heard he did not get hired, but I don't think it was because of the banner deal. No matter what you do you still have to do well on the interview.

Re: Banner

Dep676 said:
What did the banner say?

it said "herb, hire pilot (his name)" or something like that, he had it flown around during or right after lunchtime at the LUV HQ i Dallas. Do a search and you get all the info.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back