Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA-Post Decision Board Background Checks?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turn&pull

After you get the call that you made it through the decision board, they proceed to do your background check.

My question is this: What all are they checking for in the background. Is it only PRIA and the DOT? Also what are the odds of making past the DB and then not getting hired?
Just can't stand the suspense, if you know what I mean?
T&P

BAckground

They pull your national driving record plus the records from any states you have lived in during the past ten years. They pull all of your training records looking for anything significant. THey might continue to check references if not complete. They will eventually do an FBI finger print check but I believe that happens once you get the call for class.

I hope this helps.

Terri

tmstewar2 said:
They pull your national driving record plus the records from any states you have lived in during the past ten years. They pull all of your training records looking for anything significant. THey might continue to check references if not complete. They will eventually do an FBI finger print check but I believe that happens once you get the call for class.

I hope this helps.

Terri
They took finger prints during the interview day with our group. Don't know when they conduct the check with the FBI though.

Post Decision Board

This is what Kim told me when I asked her what was going to happen after the drug test.

"Everything is going to take 2-3 weeks depending on how quickly we can get your background checks finished. Included in that are your airline or flight training records, FAA records, driving history records, and fingerprint records. After that is all completed, we will put you into the pool."

After she said that to me I said, "shallow end, deep end...it doesn't matter as long as I'm swimming, OK!"

So I am under the impression that everything that needs to be done, is finished up before your phone call from the PD for a tentative class date.

Hope that helps and keep in mind that I may not be 100% entirely correct, but that is what Kim told me last week.

If you are worried about a past employer giving you a bad name or reference, write the PD a short letter and tell them your side of the story before they potentially hear it for the first time from someone else.

Ski

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain you don't get to the decision board until your background checks are complete.

dhampton said:
I'm fairly certain you don't get to the decision board until your background checks are complete.
After your interview, your background checks are not completed until after the decision board, which makes sense. Why would SWA spend needless money on pilots who are not selected to continue the process before the decision board. However, they will check the references that they think are important before the DB which is part of your background I guess.

Ski

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back