• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would he go to China? Unless he likes it there. He can as a senior FO make darn near make CA pay playing the game.

He was a full time CA. At the moment he is a lance but the next phase of the contract (which goes into effect in May) will severely restrict the amount of CA time he can pick up. (This is also going to have an impact on the senior FOs when lancers stop dumping their FO trips)

He figures that furloughs in the fall, with all of the attendant cutbacks, will pretty much end his lance days.

No matter how much time he picks up he can not match his former full time CA pay. As these are his prime earning years he does not want to take the hit. ( I actually agree with him here and if I face a downgrade I too intend to go fly a Chinese bus. )

If I called my coworkers scabs, I'd probably go to China too. (this is an "inside" reference...IOW if you don't work there you won't understand the reference).

"Perspective: use it or lose it."
- r Bach

I just talked to a guy who said that there would be mass hiring starting next week and they were gonna make the clown CP!!

Silly rumors abound, SWA is making money and very well could see this as an opportunity to expand and be ready for the economic turn. Or they could continue in the conservative way they have over the last few years. Who knows? I am not sure Gary Kelly knows what tomorrow will bring, literally, tomorrow.

I just got off the phone with the pope, he and oboma are having lunch with tanker clown on monday....

This message is hidden because Tanker Clown is on your ignore list.

The monthly guarantee "truing(?)" ended in February. Someone is giving you old info. Line gaurantees are back to almost normal now. I'm in the camp that does NOT think we will hire here, but I have heard the re-interview scenario floating around in recent weeks. Just curious. And for the record, my understanding is it is not a full interview, but rather just a quick catching up session to make sure the candidates don't have any fresh DUI's, failed check rides, etc...

ableone, your friend may be just a "little" upset with what is going on and is speaking with a bit of emotion. I can't say I blame him per se.
I would not necessarily call him a fool to leave SWA to go fly for a Chinese airline (even as a bus CA), but it's close. A 10 year FO makes a decent salary and has the days off he needs / wants. He will probably bid 3 weeks of vacation this year (if he has not already done so). He gets the best premium time (for the most part IS CA pay). Gets the best Open Time (the CA side has had almost no OT, ELITT exists almost as an acronym only). I doubt a chinese carrier can beat the quality of life he now enjoys. Now, unless he wants to go to China, I would ignore his insight.

Latest resources

Back