• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies Class Dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I pretty sure it's first in - first out, although things are complicated when people are in the pool that can't start until a later date... remember you can apply and interview up to 6 months (or is it 12?) before your "availability" date. The most common example would be military pilots who are awaiting their separation date.

I've heard talk of them spreading the ATA furloughees out so they're not all in the same class, but that was a long time ago and I don't know if they ever did it.

But then, I don't know any of this for sure, and I don't know if anyone does except for a select few in the PD or hiring committee.

it's within 12 months of availability date. i also think it's first in / out. The military guys (myself included) kind of mess the guess work a bit because of separation orders, obligated service, etc. I have a friend who's been in the pool since may and is still waiting.

I have a friend that has been in the pool since last Oct (military). He got the call for the Nov. 9 class just this week. I am not sure why he didn't post it, 'cause I know he is excited, but he did get the call.

In Big D for the holidays!

Ok benhuntn! The party is about to begin. The Nov 9th class is a go and the other good news from the PD is that we will get Thurs-Fri-Sat off for Thanksgiving--lots of extra study time or the chance to experience the holiday airport crowds up close. Save me some turkey! My bet is I will be at 37,000 ft next Thanksgiving!

Do you know how long before calls go out for the 16th? Is it usually right after they fiil the 9th class, or is it usually a certain amount of days before the class starts?

I asked the PD this a few times, and the normal answer is something like, "three to four weeks before the class date."

So, hopefully calls for the Nov 16th class are imminent.

ATM85..I forgot that you flew B-52's. It is amazing that you can still type with all those hours with the bucket on your head...Congrats and welcome to the last airline you will ever work for.

cheers

murf

B-52s

Murf,
What's funny is I just sent him a pm doggin him for just that - and the fact that he went to A&M.
Stu

Hi ya'll, I'm a waitin' 2. Interviewed 05/25, got the go ahead on 06/07, PD said in late July it looked like 2nd after the 08/03, so maybe 11/16???? Congrats to all in the 9th class! See ya in the big D!

Latest resources

Back