• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies . . . a glimmer of hope?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also had an asst chief pilot on the jumpseat recently who said he would gladly trade the next twenty years for his previous twenty years at SWA...."You ain't seen nu-thin yet!"

So for what it's worth....

Yeah Baby! We're going to "Shock and Awe" the world with RNP! :uzi:

Hope you all are right. I'm hearing that the brass won't agree with the union to a one for one swap with the 737-800. If that comes to be, I've been told that hiring won't happen until 2012 at the earliest. Also heard there's trouble brewing in the union...

I sit reserve and I get used every time. I have only had one whole block off one time in my 2 + years here at SWA. That was in Sep 09. I guess we'll see.

Also had an asst chief pilot on the jumpseat recently who said he would gladly trade the next twenty years for his previous twenty years at SWA...."You ain't seen nu-thin yet!"
Well, yes, he probably thinks the $40ish new hire rate is 10 times more than he made, and they'll all be upgrading any year now.

No word from our senior poolies on being called to go pee in a cup yet. We figure that will be the first indication of the hiring wheels being put into motion.

Gotta say, guys, hang in there...last year, there was no hope. But lately, we're sounding more positive. Just started Panama City, and announced Newark, and that's not counting CHS, and GSP. That easily should soak up what overmanning was here...Things are sounding positive...the only "fly in the ointment" would be a double dip...hang in there. (I'm just a guy that's hoping the government doesn't FORCE the economy to heal, but backs off on taxes, and allows the economy to heal)

Hope you all are right. I'm hearing that the brass won't agree with the union to a one for one swap with the 737-800. If that comes to be, I've been told that hiring won't happen until 2012 at the earliest. Also heard there's trouble brewing in the union...

Right as usual, TC...see you on the line!

Funny how all the optimism comes from the guys in the left seat. Sure we're flying to new cities, but they are optimizing the crap out of our schedules and doing it with no growth. Gary has stated we purchased too many airframes in the past decade and he will replace the aging 300s with 800s. It only takes four 800s to equal the seat capacity of five 300s. We might not even need any new hires when the retirements start happening again because of the need for less airframes.

Trust me, I want you poolies on the property more than anything! But ask most of the FOs and we've got a very steep hill to climb. Let's hope I'm wrong.

The reserves on both sides of the cockpit are sitting whole blocks without getting used starting this month.

I just can't see needing anyone until at least spring.

Gup

Well, wouldn't a Jan new hire class put butts in seats in the spring..? Or, are we splitting atoms here..? Or, just drinking kool-aid from half empty glasses..?

Latest resources

Back