• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Poolies . . . a glimmer of hope?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The SWA PD has already said when/if hiring resumes that there will be another background check, update of PRIA data, checkrides, etc. That's why they told me on the phone "you've been selected to continue in the hiring process" not "you are hired." Covering their butts. My money is on SWA not flushing the pool.

Agree completely. I don't have any special insight into how the PD operates these days, but common sense (of which there is still a fair amount of around here) would dictate no flushing of the poolies. If you were good enough to be hired a few years ago, why would they go to the time and cost (and it's all still about costs here) to re-interview the same person? An updated background and flight currency check and you're GTG, I would think.

All good news for the poolies. I hope it holds true.

My guess as an outsider is not as much as at some places. SWA runs a pretty efficient scheduling operation from what I understand.

actually, there will be some hurt, the hi time fliers will have more problems working inside the rules, so in essence, a slightly higher chance of needing more folks to fly the line.

Latest resources

Back