SWA Pool update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

170B

Just got the call from the PD this eveining for a class date.

Interviewed 15 Jan
Type 12 Mar (placed in the pool as if I had interviewed 12 Mar)
Class 14 June

I don't know how many classes are in June or which class I am in.

Hope this helps build some SA for the poolies.

I got the call last night around 6PM central time.

Interviewed March 9th, Class June 14th.

Three months suit to suit, YEH BABY!

Good luck to everyone. It can be a long process. I interviewed four times in the last six years, but it has finally paid off. If you don't get it the first time, keep trying. Things happen for a reason..................sometimes we just don't know what that reason is.

I interviewed four times in the last six years

For those of you who tend to give up and be pissed off after the rejection letter, then come on Flightinfo and blast SWA and throwing in the towel, heres a person who simply kept coming back, waiting his time between interview's. The definition on determination is WakeTurb.

Way to go and congrats WakeTurb, see you online.

RJ

WakeTurb said:

Good luck to everyone. It can be a long process. I interviewed four times in the last six years, but it has finally paid off. If you don't get it the first time, keep trying. Things happen for a reason..................sometimes we just don't know what that reason is.

Congratulations on finally getting the nod!

170b, dud you flew Q106's you must be as old as me! Welcome aboard your gonna luv it here. (most likly I was your IP in UPT and I'am way older than you).

I'm old, but not that old.

Note the "Q" in front of the F-106 part. Was a safety pilot for the drone Det at Holloman back in the mid 90's. Cool airplane though.

Retire officially on 1 June and start on 14 June. Life is good. Been on terminal for 3 weeks. The only bad part is I have just three more weeks to work on my retirement beard!

Did you....

WakeTurb said:

Did you get your 73 type before your first interview? Or, when?
Thanks, A. Weiner

When I turn in my original application, I did not have the type. This was Aug of 1999. Back then not many people were getting the call without the type, so I decided to get my type in Jan 2000. I got the call for my first interview within a month of updating with the type.

Hope this answers your question. GOOD LUCK!

WakeTurb said:

Way to go man!! That's the way to keep those legs driving. I have a buddy who is going for number 4, and I can't wait to tell him your story for some inspiration.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back