SWA pool question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sf34dvr

What determines placement in the pool? If hired in July DB with the type would I be senior to a June poolie without the type by the July DB date? A May poolie? Is pool senority determined by interview date, age or DB date? With and without type?
Thanks

Your pool date is your interview date if you interviewed with the type. Otherwise it will be the date you get the type. So yes, you would be senior.

300+ as of the last DB. Only way to find out is to call, but they can give you only an estimate of when you would have a class date.

Just talked to the people dept at SWA, the August and September class rosters are depedent on some Military guys who interviewed early in the year, but had availablilty dates of September or later this year. The last class for the year will be Sep 19, my question is how is the military on releasing those of people early. Or does the military usually hold firm to the date of original release.

Believe me, the military will hold people until the end of their obligations according to title 10 law. The variable comes with coordinating terminal leave/TAD and some CO's wavering with what they will grant. Fortunately in my case (Feb 13th interview WITH type) my skipper was helpful because he wants SWA on retirement as well, and I have been told to expect the Sept 5th class and that it will be firmed up in early Aug. Cheers, klr

The last "Scheduled" class is currently 9/19. I'd look for them to add several more through the end of the year. Deliveries for '07 alone will dictate that.

Just my opinion.

Hi Quiet Flight,

Thanks for your optimistic response.
I hope your predictions are ~ accurate.
You seem to be writing from solid reasoning.

It barely three months ago, on April 18th, that SWA lowered their PIC minimums to 1000, from 1300.

I did my 737 type shortly thereafter......

Now, they stop hiring....maybe in another three months they'll start interviewing

Also - how was that note that the People Dept sent explaining things distributed? Was that sent to people who have active applications, or was it emailed to another list? I'm trying to figure out why I didn't get one.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

FCN

Last edited:
Hi Quiet Flight,

Thanks for your optimistic response.
I hope your predictions are ~ accurate.
You seem to be writing from solid reasoning.

It barely three months ago, on April 18th, that SWA lowered their PIC minimums to 1000, from 1300.

I did my 737 type shortly thereafter......

Now, they stop hiring....maybe in another three months they'll start interviewing

Also - how was that note that the People Dept sent explaining things distributed? Was that sent to people who have active applications, or was it emailed to another list? I'm trying to figure out why I didn't get one.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

FCN

I believe it was sent out to people who had already RSVP to SW open house.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back