• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pool question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not trying to aggravate anyone. I've been told by more than one person that the pool is alphabetical. Please enlighten us if you know how it works.

Because if the pool was alphabetical, Mr. Zxxxxx would NEVER get a class date as long as there were Mr. Axxxx's and Mr. Bxxxx's still interviewing.

-fate

Because if the pool was alphabetical, Mr. Zxxxxx would NEVER get a class date as long as there were Mr. Axxxx's and Mr. Bxxxx's still interviewing.

-fate

It was explained to me that you are dropped in the pool alphabetical per decision board, then resorted by age for class. So then Mr. W would still get a class before Mr. A in the next D.B. Who knows, could be total B.S.....

It was explained to me that you are dropped in the pool alphabetical per decision board, then resorted by age for class.

Could be right... who knows...

So, what you originally meant to say was each DB gets dumped in the pool alphabetically... at the bottom of the pool. Right? Perhaps an edit is in order?

-fate

Ok, to put this to rest, I called and got the facts from the PD. My original assesment was correct. However, the calls are listed via alphabetical order on the call list, but split up between the chief pilots. So say one gets A-G and some else gets H-M and so on. Some will have multiple letters of A and usually go down the list. However, some will mix it up just to be that guy. :)

Actually, you are called by alphabetically by your callsign.

Mine is "Albie". I dub the rest of you "Zonker"

Just for everyone's general info.

I have it on fairly solid authority that there is no 'plan' to start interviewing again any sooner than Jan 08. I think that has been published elsewhere on here, but I just wanted to put it out there again.

Additional 'solid' rumor is that typed applicants are at the very very top of the stack for when they start making calls again.

Good luck to all those swimming and those of us standing on the edge of the pool staring longingly at the cool blue waters.

Also - how was that note that the People Dept sent explaining things distributed? Was that sent to people who have active applications, or was it emailed to another list? I'm trying to figure out why I didn't get one.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

FCN

I was wondering about this as well. I have recently updated my application but I did not receive a letter or email about them ceasing to hire. I even double checked that my app had a correct email address and looked in my spam folder multiple times.
I think someone posted that this email was sent to people who had signed up for the open house. Perhaps that was accurate.

anxiously awaiting a second chance...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back