• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Plans Adding 25 International Flights from FLL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My problem is I remember too much too well. It's ridiculous that any SWA pilot critique my "tone" or "rants". Look who you're working for!! Herb is one if the biggest whiners this business has ever had!! I'm complaining only one gate was built for competing carriers at Hobby. Herb went bonkers over the gate situation at Stapleton! Not enough gates and they were too expensive, so he pulled y'all out and told Denver you'd be back "when cows fly". (google Herb K and the phrase "cold day in hell", it seemed a weekly threat) I know Herb is retired now, but everyone of you from GK down is a Herb disciple. If Herb was on the receiving end of this BS in Hobby he'd be in an Elvis costume piss drunk and screaming at news cameras. So spare me the slack jaw BS guys. SWA is the worst offender when it comes to over the top dramatics about fair treatment.

I'm complaining only one gate was built for competing carriers at Hobby.

SWA is footing the bill for the terminal (about 156 mil). Why would/should they spend their money to build a bunch of gates for other airlines. Now if Houston was footing the bill, you would have cause for complaint.

SWA is footing the bill for the terminal (about 156 mil). Why would/should they spend their money to build a bunch of gates for other airlines. Now if Houston was footing the bill, you would have cause for complaint.

Flop can never get around the fact the Southwest is completely paying for this terminal. Did Continental ever do that?

My problem is I remember too much too well. It's ridiculous that any SWA pilot critique my "tone" or "rants". Look who you're working for!! Herb is one if the biggest whiners this business has ever had!! I'm complaining only one gate was built for competing carriers at Hobby. Herb went bonkers over the gate situation at Stapleton! Not enough gates and they were too expensive, so he pulled y'all out and told Denver you'd be back "when cows fly". (google Herb K and the phrase "cold day in hell", it seemed a weekly threat) I know Herb is retired now, but everyone of you from GK down is a Herb disciple. If Herb was on the receiving end of this BS in Hobby he'd be in an Elvis costume piss drunk and screaming at news cameras. So spare me the slack jaw BS guys. SWA is the worst offender when it comes to over the top dramatics about fair treatment.

Really? You "remember" jack sh1t. And personally, it seems that you have a pretty big flair for drama yourself, Flop. :rolleyes:

Your argument about Hobby is laughable. Friggin' laughable. Please, give it up. You act like we're stealing 80% of the established gates at an airport or something. We are paying for, and building our own terminal because no one else will. Dd you guys ever have to do that? And now you're complaining about us not building more gates for a hypothetical competition that hasn't even materialized yet? Seriously? Do you even hear yourself? For the last time, if a demand for more gates at Hobby is created (thanks to us, by the way), then the airport will build more gates. That's the way it works at every airport in the country, including your beloved IAH. Truly, Flop, you must be one of the densest guys on this board.

As far as Stapleton goes, we left because after we got there, the airport authority jacked up our landing fees and rent, figuring that we'd have to pay whatever they asked, since we had already created a presence. Herb felt double-crossed and cheated, so he pulled out. That's what businessmen do--they make business decisions. Are you really arguing that we should just pay whatever anyone asks, ... just because?

And again, Flop, I'm asking you please... Please. Tell me one damn thing that Southwest has done that isn't "fair," or "following the rules," or some sort of "cheating the system." Just one. You keep blabbering this crap, and even when you insinuate a particular thing, I've shown you wrong. Time and again. Please, tell me one thing. And as far as someone being the worst "offender," well, you should know something about that--you work for an airline with an actual criminal record. I don't.

Bubba

This message is hidden because Flopgut is on your ignore list.

Simple really. Now please don't quote him. Why some of you even bother with these morons in beyond me.

SWA is spending 100 mil. They stuck the City with 50 mil for a parking garage. Which may or may not pay for itself.

SWA is spending 100 mil. They stuck the City with 50 mil for a parking garage. Which may or may not pay for itself.

Oh Good Lord.

You're outraged about a parking structure? Give me a f*cking break.

Who paid for the international terminal at IAH Flop? How about the parking structure there?

You're telling Southwest guys they can't take the criticism and your criticism is about a parking structure at Hobby. Completely laughable. I must admit, your debating skills are right up there with the General.

Well done sir!

$50million for a garage they can charge $20 a car/1,200 cars= $24,000 a day, $8,760,000 a year or have it paid off in 6 years, well below industry standards for investment returns. Then it's all profit. But then again, you nor your airline seem to understand the term "profit".

Latest resources

Back