• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pilots with families living around OAK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks everyone...I will check those areas out...Just exploring as of now...I am a Minnesota boy before the Tranny, so I would not cry if I left Georgia...no guns here BTW...

Get ready to take a HUGE paycut. Your money will go NOWHERE in CA compared to GA. Ridiculously high taxes, gas prices, real estate, everything. Making $159k a year in CA is like 60k to 70k in GA. Make sure you research the insane cost of living.

There is no way in hell I'd EVER consider moving to CA. EVER. Forget the moonbat bed-wetting liberal hippy $hit, I wouldn't do it simply for the ridiculous increase in cost of living. Not worth it.

Get ready to take a HUGE paycut. Your money will go NOWHERE in CA compared to GA. Ridiculously high taxes, gas prices, real estate, everything. Making $159k a year in CA is like 60k to 70k in GA. Make sure you research the insane cost of living.

There is no way in hell I'd EVER consider moving to CA. EVER. Forget the moonbat bed-wetting liberal hippy $hit, I wouldn't do it simply for the ridiculous increase in cost of living. Not worth it.

Isn't state tax 10% for earnings above $150K? Yikes...

Say what you want about the cost of living. It's high, because it's desirable place to live.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in GA.

guza7aqa.jpg

You could try Charming. I hear its nice there all year round....

Just do yourself a favor and rent for a bit before you decide to make it a permanent decision.

Why OAK vs PHX, DEN, BWI or MDW?

I don't think I will ever move to CA, just exploring all options. I am around 7100 on the combined list. Do you think I will be able to hold a line in MDW or BWI or MCO?

Amazing what people will pay to have nice weather. Sunshine tax is high but when your not freezing your ass off in January and sweating your balls off in July its worth it.

Fwiw...

Right now CWA is showing for April '13

BWI - could not hold with 7100 seniority # (bottom pilot is 7013)
MDW - could hold with 14 below you out of 457 f.o.'s (bottom is 7644)
MCO - could hold with 6 below you out of 315 (bottom is 7646)

It is very likely you will be able to hold MDW when you come over.

BWI and MCO there are a lot of variables.

Also the master seniority list ends at 69xxx so I don't know why the base seniority lists show higher numbers (76xxx)

Chicago is a very nice base, plenty of cheap crash pads and people based there have a reputation for being friendlier/younger than your average crew.

I am based in BWI but commuted to OAK and MDW before I could hold BWI. MDW is the only place I would consider commuting to to upgrade to Capt before I can hold Capt in BWI.

Latest resources

Back