SWA pilots on food stamps? NEVER!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i don't see where swa fit's into this.

I wasn't clear enough, I'm sorry. It has to do with SWA because the author points to Southwest as the one bright light and the exception to the trend even though it came into being in the Deregulation era and manages to do the job other airlines leave to their Regional affiliates (working for food stamps)

Ie: thread killed- is swa not a major? Dumb thread but an over-mod this time Lear.
IMO

The topic wasn't about Southwest.

1. The linked article was talking about the poor payoff of a flying career and questioning people getting into it.
2. It was mostly referring to RJ pilots on Food stamps.
3. Southwest pilots don't qualify for food stamps.

It's a general article that didn't belong in the Majors category. If the quoted article HAD been primarily about a Major airline, it would have stayed. Judgment call, not everyone's gonna agree with them.

Trying to make sure the ONLY things that get posted in the Majors section are REALLY Major airline subjects. Moderating posts like this serve a multiple purpose: keeping the section clean of non-major threads and making sure the people who start them think about their posting locations.

Just because the majority of people are using only the Majors section doesn't mean to post things there just to get more attention.

Ok- but it's a major airline guy giving his opinion- GA is cessnas and Rec flying- this was career oriented-
Like I said- a silly thread- and I've had your back more often than not-

I appreciate that, and wasn't trying to get into an argument about it, just a difference of opinion... :beer:

Latest resources

Back