• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pilot on paid leave pending alcohol investigation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just a bunch of SWA wanna-be's who are salivating at the idea of a SWA pilot walking away in cuffs.

sad sad

How do so many of you guys think that everyone with a pilot's license wants to work there? It just ain't so guys.

PIPE

Under what authority did they give him a BAT? Was he in the cockpit?

More to the story to be sure.

Crew member puts on uniform and meets shuttle.

Crew member enters terminal and proceeds to advance through security.

Crew member begins to head to his gate.

Crew member is approached by a passenger, asking whether he was drunk.

Passenger did not confront the pilot until he realized that the pilot was heading to his (PAX) gate.

Crew member says nothing to passenger. Nothing. Not one word.

Crew member immediately walks off in a fast pace and enters the mens room.

In mens room, crew member calls in sick and changes into street clothes.

Crew member is then accosted by the police.

Crew member explains that he partied hard the night before and called in sick, reliveing him of any occupational duties.

Crew member never boarded the plane. Never made any comments to the confrontational passenger.

He is off the clock and not on the schedule anymore and thus, not subject to blood or breath tests.

Had the police accosted him in uniform immeidately after the passengers suspicion, the headlines would be a lot different.

Cops lie, but you can't lie to them.

Never say anything to the heat, whether it's a traffic stop or accusation of alcohol use prior to flying. The only word the jack-booted, government thugs should ever hear out of your alcohol laden mouth is "lawyer." Oh and if they ask if you "understand your rights as they've been read to you" (some states require the question), the answer is "no."

Too many snitches and badged bullies with guns out there. Your buzz needs to stay on the DL unfortunately. The Nanny state is upon us.

You cop haters have all been trained well in HS and college. The goods guys are the bad guys. I hope no one ever breaks into your house. You wold be on your own. Surely you wouldn't call a liar cop to help defend you. BIGOTS!!!!!!

You cop haters have all been trained well in HS and college. The goods guys are the bad guys. I hope no one ever breaks into your house. You wold be on your own. Surely you wouldn't call a liar cop to help defend you. BIGOTS!!!!!!

Everyone think back to your grade school / high school years. Now, for those of you who still know what's going on where you grew up, who do you know that became a cop?

Nuff said.

PIPE

Everyone think back to your grade school / high school years. Now, for those of you who still know what's going on where you grew up, who do you know that became a cop?

Nuff said.

PIPE

A good friend I had through H.S. was set on becoming a NYPD officer. His dad was a fed and all he used to talk about was how much he hated each and every minority and that when he became a cop he was gonna show and teach these <insert racial slur> a lesson. Once he turned 21, he got his gun and was an officer.

To be fair, he gave me a PBA card and it got me out of a LOT of trouble. I wont go into specifics, but lets just say at one point, I was pulled out of my car and brought into the precinct. They called my buddy up at his prcinct (very embarrassing for him) and vouched for me, telling thewm to go lenient. Long story short, I ended up going home with no charges. The PBA card has come in handy on more than one occassion.

Anyway, this racist friend of mine upheld the law according to his own personal beliefs of people. He had it in for minorities and especially Spanish and Black folks. He eventually left the NYPD and became a NYFD firefighter.

A good friend I had through H.S. was set on becoming a NYPD officer. His dad was a fed and all he used to talk about was how much he hated each and every minority and that when he became a cop he was gonna show and teach these <insert racial slur> a lesson. Once he turned 21, he got his gun and was an officer.

To be fair, he gave me a PBA card and it got me out of a LOT of trouble. I wont go into specifics, but lets just say at one point, I was pulled out of my car and brought into the precinct. They called my buddy up at his prcinct (very embarrassing for him) and vouched for me, telling thewm to go lenient. Long story short, I ended up going home with no charges. The PBA card has come in handy on more than one occassion.

Anyway, this racist friend of mine upheld the law according to his own personal beliefs of people. He had it in for minorities and especially Spanish and Black folks. He eventually left the NYPD and became a NYFD firefighter.

That is such a heart warming story. Thank you for sharing.

Latest resources

Back