• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Pilot on paid leave pending alcohol investigation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So now we're saying the cop is a liar? Then I'd be calling a lawyer to prep a libel suit on him and a few media outlets.

From officer Harry H. Fisher:

"I then asked Captain Shook if he had been drinking today, and he stated, "No, but I partied hard last night at the hotel". Mr. Michael Rucker, Southwest CMH station manager and Mr. James June were in the room. Mr. Rucker was on the phone with Southwest drug and alcohol office, and stated to this officer that Captain Shook would have to submit to an alcohol test.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/01/heres-the-police-report-on-the.html

Who knows, maybe that was misinterpreted sarcasm?

We all have our definition of "partying hard". Maybe his definition is watching COPS and eating a bag of popcorn.

Zonker should get some days off from FI. Where are the Mods?

So now we're saying the cop is a liar? Then I'd be calling a lawyer to prep a libel suit on him and a few media outlets

Most Cops are liars, nothing new there.

Say what you will...you and others might not agree with what he did, but I tip my pointy hat to him. At least he has integrity, is principled, and put in over 20 years of elbow grease to change something he felt was wrong. That's a whole lot more than I can say for your post, which outs him on a public forum.

Are you going to tip your pointy head as well? How exactly did I "out" him?

That idiot never missed a chance to flap his gums in the press...he's quite well known for his greedy cause.

Zonker back again. I thought when I flushed I had seen the last of you.

Are you going to tip your pointy head as well? How exactly did I "out" him?

That idiot never missed a chance to flap his gums in the press...he's quite well known for his greedy cause.

Zonk,

Where was the "leadership" on our side? Did anyone do any lobbying on Capitol Hill for the other side?
Ever get any press attention? Emens did...why didn't our side get any attention?

Bottom line...some people know how to work on a political issue...other sit on the sidelines and throw rocks. Key word="work"

the real question here is....what will you do different on the next issue?

Besides, that is now an old issue.....Age 65...it is what it is...

Emens didn't accomplish a thing.

Age-65 was a non-starter on Capitol Hill until Prater got ALPA to lay down on the issue, against the majority will of its membership.

But as you say, it is what it is.

Latest resources

Back