SWA Pilot broke rules at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bunniest27 said:
Anyhow, there are different ways to say WEATHER all, in the end.
Is engrish a seqond languiage for yous? Becuz I theenk that wouuld explane everrythang.

Your posts are making my wank soft.

Hard to understand? Hwy on, oyu nare't. Ma I?
Seriously, you're grammar, especially in the sense of misplaced, commas, and other run-on anomalies, makes it difficult': to understand if you are serious, or, not serious. I'd like to hear your cabin announcements.

I forget that pilots are clearer speakers and listeners than flight attendants, next time I will leave out my slang for, HI ALL< I DIDNT KNOW THAT WEATHER CAN ENTAIL SO MANY PEOPLE AND THINGS < AND THANK YOU FOR ADDING YOUR EXPERTISE ABOUT THIS SO I HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO CENTER MYSELF AFTER SUCH A TRAGEDY< THIS IS ACTUALLY A VERY ENLIGHTENING PLACE AND AM NOT IN MY ELEMENT AS I AM ALL OVER THE PLACE> MY HEART JUST BREAKS THAT THIS HAPPENED< PEACE ON EARTH AND GOODWILL TO ALL MANKIND > Finding the perfect moment and thinking, this time and space has always been here waiting.
-Plagiarized from an Advertisement

Last edited:
canyonblue737 said:
the system requires about 600 feet of space beyond the runway while MDW only has 45-130 feet depending on which runway you are talking about. 31C has I think about 50 feet or so. the technology simply isn't possible with EMAS.

Wrong. About 275' and there is that distance from the runway end to the fenceline. There are 200' blastpads at each end plus a 50' localizer setback.

I think what some on this thread are saying is that SWA pushes the "sacred" envelope of on-time performance. This has nothing to do with the MDY accident but I flew for 16 yrs. in LAX... when we were in Terminal 2 and they were in Terminal 1. It was not unknown for them to play "chicken" on pushback. They were very aggressive in exerting their "interests". We flew 747s and could not crank four JT9s as fast or prepare for taxi as fast as they could. A lot of times we needed a current positive wind component of 4 or 5 knots to takeoff going to SYD, NRT or LHR. To say the least, I think I knew their culture then. We were incompatible and thought they did not play very fair.

Hey what happened to the other 15 pages of this thread? You know life is not fair.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back