• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA pilot base seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone have phone numbers for the hotels listed above in Oak (Ramada, Hampton Inn, Days Inn? Thanks in advance!

elcid said:
Does anyone have phone numbers for the hotels listed above in Oak (Ramada, Hampton Inn, Days Inn? Thanks in advance!
http://www.oakpilotbase.com/trans_hotels.htm

Best Western 510-633-0500
Fairfield Inn by Marriott 510-568-1500
Days Inn 510-568-1880
La Quinta 510-632-8900
Hilton 510-635-5000
Clarion 510-562-5311
Holiday Inn Express 510-569-4400
Motel 6 510-638-1180
Park Plaza 510-635-5300
Ramada 510-562-4888

Last edited:
SWA/FO said:
No crashpads in OAK.. Most stay at the Ramada, Hampton or Days Inn. Ramada was 44.00 a night, Hampton was 54.00 (I think) and not sure about the Days Inn.

Not bad, money wise if your staying only 4 days a month. But if your on reserve..... bad new$

I use to commute offline from DTW - LAX on NWA then ride SWA up to OAK. Sometimes I rode AWA to Phoenix then SWA.

No matter where you stay in the OAK airport area....DON'T...repeat...DON'T walk around the neighborhood....

Bid weekend reserve...you'll fly. Won't have to use all that money on the hotel. Think about it....if you were holding a line, you'd end up flying the weekend anyway.

I commuted a lot on Delta. Always got treated great...good food, nice seats, and pretty F/A's. Many thanks to the Delta pilots for getting meback and forth my one and only month in OAK...I owe you guys plenty of beers.

Tejas

Thanks for the quick reply! That was way too easy. Luckily I only have a hard line month in Oak for July and then I'm PHX based.

Wondering if someone knows the current time to hold each base...similar to the beginning of this thread. THX

52560 said:
Wondering if someone knows the current time to hold each base...similar to the beginning of this thread. THX
Date of hire of the most junior F/O at each base for AUGUST:

BWI 3 MAY 06

DAL 4 MAY 05

HOU 8 MAR 06

MCO 10 MAY 06

MDW 5 APR 06

OAK 7 JUN 06

PHX 17 MAY 06

Tejas-Jet said:
No matter where you stay in the OAK airport area....DON'T...repeat...DON'T walk around the neighborhood....

Bid weekend reserve...you'll fly. Won't have to use all that money on the hotel. Think about it....if you were holding a line, you'd end up flying the weekend anyway.

I commuted a lot on Delta. Always got treated great...good food, nice seats, and pretty F/A's. Many thanks to the Delta pilots for getting meback and forth my one and only month in OAK...I owe you guys plenty of beers.

Tejas

Why? What is around the neighborhood?

just my $.02...

Commuting can be a pain, but if you like where you are stay there - the freedom to live one place and work another is a great bennie of this industry. I live an hour east of Atlanta and fly out of MDW. I have been commuting for a year and a half now and don't regret it a bit.

Commuting out of ATL can be an absolute nightmare. I tried to commute ATL-MCO for 4 months and almost every flight around the weekend is full. ATL is painfull even under the best-case scenario: parking, security, getting to the gates, hoping a seat opens up on a full flight.... trying to commute out of ATL added MUCH stress to commuting. So now I drive 3 hrs to BHM to commute on-line and it is MUCH easier. A little longer in the car isn't fun but much better than the stress involved in going through ATL. There are a lot of variables to how hard commuting is beyond just distance travelled...

And ditto about OAK - USA Today listed the street all the motels are on as one of the 10 most dangerous streets in America a while back. Commuting to OAK can be really painful (but the 360 burrito when you get there helps).

Tejas-Jet said:

Tejas

You had me up to the pretty F/A's part........

Uppercrust said:
Why? What is around the neighborhood?
I am based in OAK. I have a crashpad in Alameda (a few miles NW of airport).

The hotels are 1-2 miles east of the airport. During the day it is a safe area. At night it could be a little risky. A year or so ago we had a F/O walk to a grocery store down the street and he got mugged not seriously injured. He ended up calling in sick for his trip.

Eight years ago I stayed in the hotels for a few months and I walked to a few places after dark and had no problems. In my eights years in OAK the above incident is the only one I am aware of.

Around my crashpad in Alameda it is very safe area. It does cost more but I do it for quality of life not costs.

Latest resources

Back