• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA or Alaska?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For me as a 1 year Alaska Pilot I can only look up ( be positive ) in hopes that we will have better pay. With a family of 5 its real tough to make it financially in Seattle or anywhere. I never thought it would be this bad but I can only look up and be positive for the future. I really like the people I work with and every Captain Ive flown with are very professional. I picked Alaska because I am from Seattle and it was my dream to get here. To answer the origional question that hyeflyin vbmenu_register("postmenu_1396185", true); posted. I would pick Alaska.

Because someone who comes here looking for advice about Southwest vs some other airline doesn't really know what Southwest is all about. We want people who really want to be here. Keeping the culture going that has made this airline the best after 35 years.

Shack!

Congrats on having 2 choices! However if ya have to ask I'd say we didn't do a very good job at the interview.

At least our pay is not some ARBITRATOR's wet dream like ALASKA's is!!!

Ya, At southwest it will never be bad, We are bullet proof, you all wish you were us, Our $heet don't stink!

Don't be an idiot. Just go to SWA and buy a new house and enjoy... However, you will work your a$$ off. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back