• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA opening - Mgr of Disp Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This seems like a job posting for internal applicants. On the description is says "extensive knowledge of the SWA dispatch system" or something to that extent.

I have a feeling that was an oversight from the person posting the opening since it was posted internally first. Recommend you apply if you are otherwise qualified and interested in the position.

I know the guy that got the job. He must have had some inside info, because the job hasn't been posted for very long.

Interestingly, he has been working at an airline that doesn't use a flight planning program, flight planning is done with excel spread sheets. Thank God the routes are pretty short.

Sharp guy though, a former Director of SOC at ACA (before they became Independence) and also at Sama Airlines in Saudi Arabia. I'm sure he will do a good job for them.

Seems strange that they could interview and hire someone when the posting was only up for four days this week. If accuarte that someone has already been hired from the outside, it would appear that 'inside' information played a role.

FWIW, I just spoke with a chief here and they haven't even interviewed for the position yet, so no, there hasn't been anyone hired for THIS position yet.

Once the listing closed, the People Dept would have to go through the process of conducting phone interviews, then invite certain ones for in-person interviews in DAL, THEN make a decision.

So, while this company IS efficient at many things, we're not THAT efficient.

Latest resources

Back