• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and gals.

Just back from both a PT and an EPT.

Three classes for Nov,two for Dec and three for Jan.

450 total to be hired for 2006.

New 737-700 sim to be delivered Jan 2006 and certified same month with the completion of the training center expansion.

One new city with the possibility of a second.

New crew base in late 2006 with LAS being top on the list.

The electronic flight bag has been funded and will be happening very soon.
Maybe as early as late 2006.

The new flat panel displays for the 737-300 have been approved and will be funded shortly.

Over water stuff looks like early 2007.

The folks around the GO are saying that GK is saying that we arnt going to shy away from major cities/markets any more of the money is there.

A number of cities were discussed including DEN.

Lots of other tidbits but nothing really earth shaking.

Later.

Mike

Cool, good stuff, although I'm surprised that the over water stuff wouldn't be a little sooner than that. I believe we are about 75 percent done with the life vests and I figured that the training might of already started so we could be up and running next year.

The over water flying requires an ETOPs certification. I'm no expert, but I believe this takes a little bit of time to apply for and receive approval from the FAA.

Wesb737fo said:
The over water flying requires an ETOPs certification. I'm no expert, but I believe this takes a little bit of time to apply for and receive approval from the FAA.

Not necessarily. Operations for extended over water can be obtained easier and less costly. It allows up to 400ish miles offshore.

Wish ATA wasn't pulling out....

MLBWINGBORN said:
The folks around the GO are saying that GK is saying that we arnt going to shy away from major cities/markets any more of the money is there.

A number of cities were discussed including DEN.

NWA already adjusting Minneapolis fares following ATA cutbacks: That's according to airfare expert Terry Trippler of Cheapseats.com. He reports that Northwest had already boosted fares on Minneapolis-Chicago flights, one of the routes bankrupt low-cost carrier ATA says it will discontinue this fall. ATA's absence will leave no low-cost carriers on the route, giving the major carriers — Northwest, American and United — carte blanche to raise fares without fear of being undercut by discount rivals. So, how much is Northwest boosting fares? Trippler says on Nov. 30 — ATA's last day of service on the route — that Northwest is charging $124 one way. The next day, Trippler says fares for the exact same flight jump to $519 one way. Trippler also concludes that most other low-cost carriers would probably not have the resources or interest to try the route. Trippler says two possible exceptions, however, could be AirTran or the Minneapolis-based Sun Country. Posted 3:00 p.m. ET

I vote for MSP!

Latest resources

Back