• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Nov DB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone been keeping track of how many people are getting the call without the type? It seems like alot.

In my interview group of 23, only 3 had the type.
I know of a lot of people interviewing without the type.
Now, the question is.... Are those without the type getting a job offer?

That is the question...can anyone shed some light on how many are getting hired without the type?

:DNot sure, but I don't have the type yet and I STILL cannot stop smiling after my interview. What an AWESOME experience!
Waiting for the call....Err, NOV decision board. Yeah, I know, a lot of sleepless nights!! Good Luck everyone!

Has anyone been keeping track of how many people are getting the call without the type? It seems like alot.

I have counted 5 of 21 called from 9/21 interview. (It could be more so don't take it to the bank) Of those 5 only 1 did not have type. I must tell you that I don't think it matters; if you are called for the interview. When I went for the type in July, 1 in my class had been hired already. 2 guys in the class prior to me were prehires and 1 in the class after me.I hope this helps and good luck to you and everyone else.......

:DNot sure, but I don't have the type yet and I STILL cannot stop smiling after my interview. What an AWESOME experience!
Waiting for the call....Err, NOV decision board. Yeah, I know, a lot of sleepless nights!! Good Luck everyone!

Its a very painful wait and I might suggest to start smoking if you don't and drink just enough to help you sleep:beer: :nuts:

Don Q,

So if someone is interviewing on the 23rd of Oct, say...would their DB be as early as the first week of Nov? Or would they go into the next one? 8 days and counting until the interview...and then hopefully not too many weeks of sleepless nights!

THanks.

A buddy of mine just interviewed and was hired without the type. Two more friends are going in typeless, both interviewing today, I think. Three guys in my Higher Power class were pre-hires. If they call you in for the interview, I don't think the type matters.

One friend of mine was not even asked about it. Another was asked, "Do you have the type?". His answer, "No". Box checked. Never brought up again. Don't sweat it.

eheddie,

I have no idea on when the next DB is going to be. During the interview process we asked the question on when our DB would be, and the only answer we had was the begining of Nov. As far as interviewing later on, we will have to wait and find out.
Realize that a buddy of mine got the type, got the interview and DID NOT get hired.
IMHO paying for the type is a "gamble", and I'm not a gambler (obviously there are other factors, like paying for your mortgage, family, etc)

Cheers & Good Luck

I Agree with you Don Q

I interviewed in Sept, typed with 121 and 135 experience-no go the first try around. There were many guys who had the right stuff and not type rated that were hired. I don't know the magic formula, but I do know its not being type rated in the 737. I agree if you have the interview don't waste the money, because in the end it really won't matter. Go to the interview and shine. They will give you the time to get typed.

I'll wait for the second chance and take the interview experience as a "warm up".

Goodluck to all interviewing at SWA it's well worth the wait.

Latest resources

Back