Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA newhires required to buy Scott Leather flight bag??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Global33

Call Idlewild
Found on ebay. Is it true that Southwest requires pilot newhires to buy a Scott Leather flight bag? Or is this person full of s..t?

Link

Absolutely untrue. You are not required to buy a single thing as a new hire! (except for the uniform) They even give you a free headset. The seller's numbers are wrong as well. A Scott Bag with the pouch is $345. Retail is $100 more, not the $600 he claims. The guy is full of it!

Luggageworks sells a similar one for 250 with pouch and side pocket, but they routinely discount it at the training center for 200....and you can take the floor model when theyre done for the day and save the shipping costs...mine seems pretty nice and holds up well, but not quite as nice as the scott leather bags and no initials on mine either.

Since we're on the subject, what kind of bags do most guys use?

My Office Depot special is holding up well after several years in my current airplane, just wondering how well it'll fit in the 737

I splurged and bought a Scott. Everyone that I know that's had one says they'll last danged-near your whole career! They've got a heck of a waranty, too.

As far as fit is concerned, there isn't much to worry about. Plenty of space to the right of your seat. It isn't like the CRJ where you've got a flightcase-sized hole to jam your bag into.

I went with the Luggage Works ballistic nylon bag for $180--used it for two months then found a $50 soft side computer bag at Office Depot that works much better. I can fit all my flying stuff in it (along with my lap top) and it fits under a cabin seat so you're not stressing out trying to find overhead bin space on last minute deadheads/commutes. The Luggage Works nylon bag has two stupid side pouches that get caught up in the smaller bag area on the 300's.

Office Depot

3B1,

I'm on my second office depot ballistic nylon bag at the six year point. The second one has quite a bit of life left and hopefully will last until we get the electronic flight bag in our jets.

Cheers,
Cheese

Latest resources

Back