SWA new hire groundschool pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

benelli

I know this has probably been answered before, but what is the approx net pay every two weeks for a new hire while in groundschool?

It depends on which day of the month you start, but to give you an idea...

We're paid on the 6th and 20th.

I was hired on the 3rd of the month and my first 3 checks were $1,600 $1,200 and $1,500 respectively. Those are all NET pay. Your's will be +/- dependents, state tax etc.

Fate.

It seems like the pay runs a month behind here so don't expect to get too many checks your first month. You probably won't get anything on the first 20th because this check is pay for work you did in the previous month. I.E., On the april 20 check, we get paid for the flying we did in March. The 5th of the month check is an advance on the check you will get on the 20th. Don't expect a 5th of the month check unless you have trained in the previous month. I was hired on the 31st of Jan 02 and the first two pay days rolled by empty. The good news is all of your big company required expenses are payroll deductable.

Training pay is based on our monthly guarantee of 89 trips.

dhampton is right, per the contract it depends on what day you start. however be assured the money will come, as from Day 1 you are under the 89 trip per month training guarentee (at about $42 a trip) with no per diem because you are considered DAL based during initial training. hotel is of course paid for.

I was hired on the 3rd of the month and got a check 17 days later on the 20th. I don't know what the cutoff is.

Fate

What do you guys estimate the cost of living during training? Food, hotel, etc... I don't live in Dallas and was wondering what I should bring. Sounds like I will need 2 months worth of stuff which is alot.

Any pointers?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back