SWA New City? Hmmm....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guam360 said:
Ft. Meyers new terminal IS NOT OPEN. it is supposed to open July 20, but people that I have talked to locally said all the support people, construction, etc. said they are behind, rumor is October.

Didn't they have some kind of grand opening celebration last month, where people waited an hour to get into the new terminal? It was on the news and they certainly made it seem as if it were open, but I wasn't paying that much attention. The bottom line is that SWA waited until the new terminal to open to start service, whenever that is........

I rarely go to RSW any more. I commuted out of there for 10 years, and I still break out in hives at the thought of entering the old terminal ;). That will change now.......

yea, there was a big deal, people waited two plus hours along the new entrance road, 'Treeline" to get a look, t's crazy down there, growth is disgusting, every bit of I-75 on either side , trees are being striped down and new developments are everywhere.

...but just a political, come and see deal...

The new one is gonna be nice but crew/commuter parking is gonna be like $60 per month.....man...

it is definetly a great hole to fill for SWA, now you guys have every corner of FL, wish i was there to experience all that.

Guam360 said:
yea, there was a big deal, people waited two plus hours along the new entrance road, 'Treeline" to get a look, t's crazy down there, growth is disgusting, every bit of I-75 on either side , trees are being striped down and new developments are everywhere.

...but just a political, come and see deal...

The new one is gonna be nice but crew/commuter parking is gonna be like $60 per month.....man...

it is definetly a great hole to fill for SWA, now you guys have every corner of FL, wish i was there to experience all that.

Ahh, I see......

Yeah, the growth down here is pretty good/bad..... It's great for SWA, since there are so many folks here to utilize the airline, but it sucks for quality of life. In season, SW FL is gridlock. Absolutely stopped dead during daylight hours. They build thousands of houses and new businesses, yet no new roads. I drive from Naples to MCO every week to work, and by far, the worst part of the drive is the 33 miles I HAVE to drive on I75, since there are no alternatives. It is worse than I4, since I only drive on it for about 8 miles, and I can bypass it if it's completely stopped. If you want to drive from Naples to N. Ft. Myers, you have 2 choices, 41 or 75. This puts a ton of local traffic on the interstate, and it backs up if it is daylight. I hate it.

I long for the days of getting on I75 and setting the cruise at 10 over and not touching it until it was time to exit. Try that nowadays during normal waking hours...... :rolleyes:

I live in naples also. off of vanderbilt and livingston

do you get off near ft meyers and go up 27 and turnpike, or......??

Last edited:
Guam360 said:
I live in naples also. off of vanderbilt and livingston

do you get off near ft meyers and go up 27 and turnpike, or......??

LOL...We're almost neighbors... I live just west of 951, a few streets south of Vanderbilt Beach.....

I take 75 to the Lee Civic Center exit (just past the bridge) take that to 31 north, then get on 17 in Arcadia and take that to 27 (north of Winter Haven) to I4, to 417 then the airport. I've been doing the drive for 4 years now, and have tried every route imaginable, and this is the quickest. The trick is to STAY OFF THE INTERSTATES as much as possible.......

tripower,
well, if you are around, I'll by the beers at McCabe's.

my girlfriend just bought a place on 41 near an old shell gas station, near a walmart, 2.5 miles from the corner of (5th,9th,41). right adjacent from the governmnet offices.

I don’t see how you guys can afford to live there, it is so over inflated. 900sf condos (out in the sticks) going for 250k, is just nuts.

fxbat said:
I don’t see how you guys can afford to live there, it is so over inflated. 900sf condos (out in the sticks) going for 250k, is just nuts.

I bought in before the bubble....... I paid $100k for my 5 acre lot in '98, and the same sized lot right behind me just sold for $820k last month !

I got lucky with the timing. I couldn't even come close to affording my digs if I were in the same position now, that I was in when I bought.

Last edited:
fxbat,
i can't, i am at a regional, i'm not that impressed with naples, i grew up in Sarasota, it is a bit nicer, but crazy expensive also.

my girlfriend's place is 1240 sf and she's paying 220,000. 2 bed, 2 bath.

oh well...

Latest resources

Back