• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA new boarding procedure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always thought that jumpseat riders got to pre-board as a personal courtesy from the ops agent. LAX is adamant that jumpseaters board with their group if given a boarding pass.
I've been told that jumpseater may pre-board only if they are riding upfront. If given a boarding pass we are supposed to board with the rest of the flock but many gate agents will let us pre-board anyway.

We have a new RFB that states that jumpseaters and DHers will preboard. I am keeping a copy in my bag so when the ops person says no then I whip it out (sts)

I think the concept is great and hope it reduces the riff raff effect.

Question, however: what happens if there are a whole bunch of stop over or carry through pax (or whatever the term is)?

Exp: Full flight from PBI - BWI (flight continues to MHT). 100 folks deplane in BWI, but 37 are continuing onto MHT. The terminal has another 100 folks waiting to get on the BWI - MHT flight. Now, if they board the A group, how the heck are families going to be able to sit together?

We have a new RFB that states that jumpseaters and DHers will preboard. I am keeping a copy in my bag so when the ops person says no then I whip it out (sts)
Awesome, thanks. I don't mind boarding with the rest of the passengers but always feel like I am "stopping the train" when I leave my bags outside the aircraft before I introduce myself to the crew and get the captain's permission to catch a ride. When I pre-board I feel like the traffic flows better which I think benefits the passengers but especially the crew. Thanks for the many rides.

How much extra does it cost Southwest to assign seats?

Here is my prediction__(like you care).

The lady that was selling our A boarding passes over the internet got shut down by a federal judge a couple of weeks ago. I bet SWA starts selling the first 20 or so A boarding passes for $10. This will start in NOV when our new boarding proc. goes system wide. Now with approx 3300 flights/day multiply that times $200 of added income and multiply that by 365 days and you get approximately 241 million more dollars per year. Its gonna happen people.

BAke

Better get rid of all those pesky seats, so there will be more room for the new lines of people sitting on the filthy floor.... :rolleyes:

Speaking of which...name that airport:

Overwieght, tatooed, sunburn, hungover trailer trash, dressed in short shorts, tank tops, with no shoes sleeping on the terminal floor while their kids torment each other at 125 dB.

There can be only one place...

MCO

What a pit....I want to double bag my shoes before I even set foot in that place...yuk.

Nu

Speaking of which...name that airport:

Overwieght, tatooed, sunburn, hungover trailer trash, dressed in short shorts, tank tops, with no shoes sleeping on the terminal floor while their kids torment each other at 125 dB.

There can be only one place...

MCO

What a pit....I want to double bag my shoes before I even set foot in that place...yuk.

Nu

i see this stuff at all swa gates in all cities

Latest resources

Back