Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capt. megadeth

Metal Momma!
I just read on our daily union update that SWA will have letters and numbers for boarding. Do you all think that will stop the knuckleheads from getting in line 50 minutes before boarding?

Seriously though, how do you all think that will work out?

Better get rid of all those pesky seats, so there will be more room for the new lines of people sitting on the filthy floor.... :rolleyes:

That never ceases to amaze me... if you have an A or a B, you're almost guaranteed a window or an aisle, whichever you want. Does it matter that much which one?

That never ceases to amaze me... if you have an A or a B, you're almost guaranteed a window or an aisle, whichever you want. Does it matter that much which one?

I was boarding a SWA flight. I was in the group B. As I get onboard the plane, in uniform, some fool sitting in a middle seat in row 3, asks me (I'm in uniform, so I know all), "is it going to be a full flight?". I said, "I am the last one, and the back end is empty, so I would have to say NO".

I went to the back of the plane and had the last 5 rows to myself, meanwhile that guy is wedged between two people up front......oh, but he does get off the plane 1 minute before me.

Mega -- this has been happening at a couple of thier stations as a test this summer. Designed to reward the A travelers. As you read, expect it to go system-wide. You get a number a1-5, a6-10, a11-15, etc and so now there is no need to que. Everyone just stands by these poles. B and C group don't even stand up until after all the As are on board. No need to. Here is the rub. Families and Jumpseaters board after the A group (including SWA employees). Handicap and Wheelies still board before As. Always grateful for the ride and never take J/Sing for granted, but now you have J/Sers and Families after the first 40, and it really slows it down. As quick as I can, I try to get out of the way with my rollerboard as I'm asking the Capt for a ride. Families clog the door with strollers and car seats. SWA FAs hate it because now they get folks coming on board asking the first 40 to move so families can sit together (all while trying to do the SWA quick turn shuffle). I've had some real good luck with some gate agents who will still let you on in front of all the A pass holders, but I've also been told "no can't let you on early anymore." Just roll with whatever they tell you and as always grateful to SWA for every jumpseat. Big tip of my Hat to you guys.

The test program was in SAT this summer. From what I was told it was a rousing success.

No more standing in line for 30 minutes before the airplane arrives. Thats because your spot in line is already reserved.

In addition, there will now only be room for one line during the boarding process. And you will line up according to the number on your boarding pass.

The local agents told me that Customers boarding in SAT this past summer absolutely LUV'ed the new boarding process. Felt it was more relaxed....but it didn't add anymore to the aircraft turn time....thats good....

Guess this means SWA won't be going international any time soon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but passenger manifests with their assigned seats are required, dontcha know. ICAO and homeland security, etc.

Latest resources

Back