Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I’m in!

OK Pegasus, et al-

I’m currently working a Stop Loss waiver that would have me available on May 5. The thing is, IF I’m approved, than I’ve burned my option to extend and I NEED to be in class ASAP.

I figured that you, Pegasus, would have the ‘in’ since we are so close together in terms of dates.

(June 01 interview, 17 Nov 01 Type).

What does your crystal ball have in store for us? And should I push hard for the waiver or coast to ensure a class date as soon as I get out?

I’ll take your bet. If you are right, first round during class is on me!

BD32

burn the bridges!

All right true believers! I've got predictions to ease your thought process through these perilous predicaments (rhyming is alright but I like alliterations!). So please predicate these predictions on the following prerequisites:
1) Stop loss remains in effect
2) 2 classes per month
3) You can/will take first class offered

Firstthird - 23-May-02

T1apilot - 11-Apr-02

Beechdriver32 - joining Pegasus and me in the 25-Apr-02 class.

You guys have a tough decision to make. I was faced with a similar decision, but when the MAN offered me emancipation from indentured servitude, I took it! Now I am a longhaired, goatee wearin’, unemployed, stay at home dad. Fortune favors the bold!

Pegasus,
BTW = By the way
I don't know where you got BYW, but I hope you didn't damage your eyes turning and burning in your Tom Kitten!

Ivauir,
You are a gentleman and a scholar. I am in total agreement with your predictions for Beechdriver and T1apilot. I also agree that we shall meet class Apr 25th, happy hour, 7:37pm, 24th of foresaid month, cocktail in hand. And looking forward to it!!!!

"In the autumn before winter, comes man's last mad surge of youth".

"What on earth are you talking about"

Re: Prediction

pegasus said:
KingAirGuy, you could have saved your $10 by contacting me and requesting my soothsayer, nay, sorcerer type skills.

Happy days.

;)

*tries to pull the sharp pointy thing out of his back*

It was a double or nothing bet, he lost on UPS calling me in January. I had a job and he didn't (he had SWA in the bag who needs to work when your in the pool). I thought it only fair to allow him another shot at the green! He would have been happier had I been right, and I don't mind losing the cash to him..

Hey Rowel, how about a free lunch tomorrow... On you!! J-boys ok?:D

Oh Wise one, when will I get the call to interview with SAW? Hand carried my paperwork to Heather 17 NOV 01 in Virginia.
Answer this one correctly and you can open up your own psycic hot line!

2 More for 14 March Class

Got a call from two friends on Friday, not on Mike's SWA Pool List, that will also be attending class on March 14th. Just thought the information might be useful with respect to projections.

As far as KingAirGuy goes.... lunch is on me.

Good luck to those awaiting the 20 Feb DB!

Rowel

No new info for me

I been waiting with the rest of you, and it seems like there is quite a bit more folks in the Southwest Pool, then on the Pool list.
JM told me April looks good...this was about a week and a half ago. I thought I might squeeze into late March, but with the class size shrinking I might not make it. JM also said that Stop loss guys getting released will affect me adversely.

Patiently Waiting.....

Rowel,
Im a March 14th hopeful, but when I talked to JM a few days ago, she said to expect early April. Looking at the pool list that seemed kinda far away, but what do I know! I was refraining from asking too many questions as not be be a pest...
On another note, SWA was voted the Number 2 company in America to work for and the Number 1 airline by Fortune magazine, so I'm sure its worth the wait! Hope to join you guys in one of the March classes, keeping fingers and toes crossed!

-T45Flyer

Latest resources

Back