• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa maintenance issues?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not that I'm defending our actions. It was our people that found the problem in the first place and then self-disclosed. We HAD a great relationship with our fed counter-parts, but whose to say what it will be now. Our industry is over-regulated and not on behalf of safety, but rather the illusion of it. I find it comical that the judicial and governing arms of the aviation industry are filled with folks that get circulated around and find no home. Rejects, scabs, wannabes, and little tyrants that get dismissed from reputable jobs only to land on the FAA or NTSB's front porch. Thank God our (FAA, SWA, Boeing) oversight didn't kill anyone. Like I said, the public doesn't want action, only outrage and the notion that something may get done.

You are witnessing the demise of non-jeapordy self-disclosure used for training purposes and this sort of knee-jerk reaction will only cause airlines to find new ways to hide mistakes in the future. We all make them and now it will be like watching street performers slide cups around a table. ASAP will fall next. No good deed will go unpunished.

You choose to look at this as a "mistake," and I think it's blatantly obvious that it was an intentional oversight to save a buck. The investigation will hopefully find out which of us is correct.

Isn't there an old saying about opinions and a$$holes?
And that's why we have congressional oversight. Congressman Oberstar will hold hearings to get to the bottom of this. Facts, not opinions.

Then why do you spew your BS, like the media, before you know anything?
We can't have opinions before the hearings take place? If the hearings prove me wrong, then I'll gladly admit it.

We can't have opinions before the hearings take place? If the hearings prove me wrong, then I'll gladly admit it.

"I think it's blatantly obvious that it was an intentional oversight to save a buck."

Sure we all have the God-given and American right to an opinion, but what is your above quote even based on? Airlines that make profits can only do so by cutting corners? It has the smell of what we see on CNN when some doushbag sportpilot is giving his opinion on an accident when he doesn't know an F-ing thing about that carrier, airplane, or airline pilots in general. I also could be wrong, but your opinion seems to be baseless, possibly errant, and backed by animosity against SWA versus fact and knowledge. Just my opinion. Waiting anxiously for Oberstar's Oversight Observations.

I was hoping this thread would be about missed mx inspections not swa bashing but oh well...

I understand the "older airplane inspections" were mandated after the infamous Alaska Airlines accident when part of the cabin blew off and sucked out a flight attendant...

What about the 4 or so airplanes (I think?) that were found to have cracks once the inspection were finally completed? Will they be able to repair them or are those airplanes history?

I mean, cracks in the fuselage sound like a pretty big deal, wouldn't you say?

SWA on Fox just said they will continue to fly those planes. Its so dangerous it makes headline news yet its still status quo for their operations? Let the spins continue.

You choose to look at this as a "mistake," and I think it's blatantly obvious that it was an intentional oversight to save a buck. The investigation will hopefully find out which of us is correct.

for the first time in history, I agree with PCL.

SWA cut corners to save money. It was a calculated risk. It failed.

Sucks to be SWA. gonna have to reduce fares to get Jethro to fly on your corn dog again.

Or maybe this is a mgmt. leak to scuttle contract negotiations?

Latest resources

Back