• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa maintenance issues?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry, Tanker Clown will be flying for SWA soon and he will ensure everything is on the right track. Everyone should feel safer knowing that.

so much venom towards SWA......what'd they do to you?

I'm just sick of having to wait for them to either land or push back so I can be cleared to follow them on the taxi. ATC gives them such blatant preferential treatment it's obscene. We all have schedules to keep and fuel ain't cheap.

I have more venom against the Feds than SWA.

Beyond the inevitable fines, it's not good for SWA to get front-page headlines like this. Ouch.

I'm just sick of having to wait for them to either land or push back so I can be cleared to follow them on the taxi. ATC gives them such blatant preferential treatment it's obscene. We all have schedules to keep and fuel ain't cheap.

I have more venom against the Feds than SWA.

Probably doesn't hurt us that we're Always ready for taxi 2 minutes after push starts, we Never have to wait for numbers, and wil get the hell out of their airport asap.

Beyond the inevitable fines, it's not good for SWA to get front-page headlines like this. Ouch.

Ask Brittney how bad news in the media has hurt her. You know as well as I do that regardless of this news the flying public will forget about this in a week and point and click on the cheapest fare that is getting them to their spring break destination.
Yea it sux we missed something. Thank God nothing happened. Sh!t happens. We fly 3,500 legs a day, over 1mil a year, and have well over 500 planes. Do you think you could run a perfect operation with all those moving parts? I couldn't.
Why all the haters?

Last edited:
Why all the haters?
Because guys like you keep making excuses for it. "Sh!t happens?" Are you kidding me? Airplanes flying around for 30 months without the required rudder inspections? On airplanes that have a horrible history of rudder hard-overs? Why can't you just admit that your management was in the wrong here? It's obvious that they did this to save a buck, even though they knew that it was in violation of the law and a danger to their crews and customers. This is simply appalling.

We missed inspections, not repairs. There is a big difference. Boeing, the FAA, and we got caught with our britches down but not one passenger has been injured. The sad thing is that this all pertains to bureaucratic BS. If it were up to the feds, not a single jet would leave the gate.

The news has got to find a way to scare the hell out of everyone and this is another attempt. My guess is that $49.00 fares will cause amnesia and that passengers would fly strapped to the engine-pod if it would save them $5.00. The public wants to see outrage, not action. Action would result in higher ticket prices across the board. If we fixed everything and made our industry stupid proof, then most of us would be out of work because the public wouldn't be able to afford the privilege to fly. This looks bad but so does everything else these days. If I listened to the news I would be worried about my impending foreclosure and McCain coming over in the middle of the night to draft my 1st born to fight in Iraq for the next 100 years.

The same old story gets boring. Comair, jetBlue, American, Northwest-Delta, United-Continental, now it's Southwest trying to fly convertible 737s. Tomorrow, General Lee will get caught in a closed hotel pool with an underage valet at 3:00AM.

What a stupid comment. Did you read the report? Do you know what a rudder hard-over is? PIT 1994 ring a bell?

It's been patently obvious to anybody that flys for a living that SWA has Always gotten preferential treatment by the FAA. Now heads are probably going to start rolling. It's about damn time.

Let's see "ol' herb" up on the hill, and joke his way out of this one.

AMEN BROTHER!!

PCL,

It was for skin fatigue, not the rudder. By the way, it ain't that apalling dude. You are either naive or unrealistic about even your own company's practices. This isn't exactly uncommon, industry wide. If AAI makes every inspection, misses nothing, adequately respresents itself and their maintenece practices everytime without fail, I apologize for my unfair characterizations.

We missed inspections, not repairs. There is a big difference.

So... you fixed everything you found, but you missed the part about looking for things to fix?

Sounds like my old boss in North Palm Beach, who wouldn't use the local maintenance shop for his inspections because "they're just looking for trouble." :rolleyes: (Instead, he found a shop 100 miles away that'd do an annual on anything for $300. Nice...)

+1 on the General Lee reference, though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back