SWA - LOR's Called?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATA75Pilot

I interviewed last week and yesterday SWA began calling my LOR's.

My question is: Can I take this to mean that I "passed" the interview?

Thanks.

I had the same thing happen to me, and I start on the 28th. Dont go quit your job though as the final answer is with the DB, but your headed in the right direction. Good Luck

Passed the interview?

Hey ATA,

That's the general consensus. Why would they bother calling your references otherwise?

My references were also called a week after my interview (7 Jan). I've got friends who interviewed in Jan that have not had any calls at all.

Three business days after my last PRIA request made it back to SWA I got a call for the drug test.

Hang in there, it's a long haul til the board. Maybe you'll be lucky and you'll have an earlier decision board.

Prepare for an emotional roller coaster! These past six weeks have been hell.

You've cleared the first hurdle with your references being called.

Good luck, See ya in Dallas

Interviewed the 12th of Feb and my LOR's and flying supervisors just started getting called. Hope it's a good thing!

Good Luck All!
shootr

Is it a good sign or a bad sign if :

- Contacts have been called.
- Background check performed.

but

- No drug test
- No references contacted.

Does anyone know out of the 250+ interviewees going to decision board tomorrow....how many does SWA plan to hire from this group? 50? 100?
thanks in advance....

Number to be hired?

I haven't heard any numbers.

I've been told in the past that SWA offers jobs to all who they deem are qualified. I've also been told that it usually ends up being about 30% of those interviewed are offered a job.

References are called on nearly everyone. This doesn't indicate anything other than the info you provided SWA was accurate & folks are being called. For the DB to decide on your fate references need to be called. Its always better to have references called vs. no call but as they say....."don't quit your day job over it."

As for numbers who will be selected. SWA has averaged between 1 of 4 to 1 of 3 of those being interviewed who are selected by the DB. There are nearly 300 applicants being reviewed in the DB tomorrow. The % is lower on this group than in those past who have been recommended for being hired. As I stated in another post though, just because the interview recommendation is negative, it doesn't mean the DB has to go along with that recommendation. Being sent for testing prior to the DB is no guarantee one way or the other, as is not being sent is no indication either. It can be overruled based on a many factors, i.e. LORs, other info brought to the attention of the board, quality of flying time, previous jobs, etc. No one is ruled out of being hired before the DB. For those waiting, hang in there.

Latest resources

Back