• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SWA - "Looking for..."

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
Jose Pacheco

I was climbing into bed Tuesday morning in the hotel in Providence, RI, and channel surfing before sleeping when, much to my amazement, I saw Jose on The Today Show. I missed the first part of the story, but I gathered that Jose's father's wallet had been found somewhere, along with several other wallets, and the contents (pictures, etc.) led him down a sentimental path of remembrance and discovery about his father.

I flew with him in the Air Force, and have since lost touch. According to the story, he's currently a pilot for Southwest. If there's anyone who can pass along my contact information with a "Hi, howya doin'?", please PM me. It'd be nice to get "back" in touch with him.

No, I'm not looking for a job recommendation, I'm happy with mine, thanks. I just wanna say, "Hi!"

Many thanks.

TR4A

Total Time
15000+
i'mbatman said:
Was he also a sim instructor there for a little while? At SWA, I mean.
Looks like it. His seniority is really junior but his employee number is about a +5 year number.

TonyC

I left him a note on our scheduling software with your email address.

sbav8r

I do deny them my essence
Total Time
low
Sorry to lead the thread off topic, but I have a quick question. If you recieve a job as a sim instructor you don't recieve seniority? I assumed they would have sim instructors from the pilot ranks.

Thanks

Tripower455

Total Time
Lots..
sbav8r said:
Sorry to lead the thread off topic, but I have a quick question. If you recieve a job as a sim instructor you don't recieve seniority? I assumed they would have sim instructors from the pilot ranks.

Thanks

The instructors don't get seniority. It is a completely different employee group.

Some of them do get hired as line pilots, which is when they get their seniority number. They keep their original employee number though.