• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Jose Pacheco

I was climbing into bed Tuesday morning in the hotel in Providence, RI, and channel surfing before sleeping when, much to my amazement, I saw Jose on The Today Show. I missed the first part of the story, but I gathered that Jose's father's wallet had been found somewhere, along with several other wallets, and the contents (pictures, etc.) led him down a sentimental path of remembrance and discovery about his father.

I flew with him in the Air Force, and have since lost touch. According to the story, he's currently a pilot for Southwest. If there's anyone who can pass along my contact information with a "Hi, howya doin'?", please PM me. It'd be nice to get "back" in touch with him.

No, I'm not looking for a job recommendation, I'm happy with mine, thanks. I just wanna say, "Hi!"

Many thanks.

i'mbatman said:
Was he also a sim instructor there for a little while? At SWA, I mean.
Looks like it. His seniority is really junior but his employee number is about a +5 year number.

TonyC

I left him a note on our scheduling software with your email address.

Sorry to lead the thread off topic, but I have a quick question. If you recieve a job as a sim instructor you don't recieve seniority? I assumed they would have sim instructors from the pilot ranks.

Thanks

sbav8r said:
Sorry to lead the thread off topic, but I have a quick question. If you recieve a job as a sim instructor you don't recieve seniority? I assumed they would have sim instructors from the pilot ranks.

Thanks

The instructors don't get seniority. It is a completely different employee group.

Some of them do get hired as line pilots, which is when they get their seniority number. They keep their original employee number though.

Latest resources

Back