SWA living in Orlando

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

New SWA Wife

My hubby just got picked up with SWA and we are looking to move to Orlando. Any advice on where to live? Looking to spend in the four's.

Thank you.

You may be able to stay in the four's in Baldwin Park...but that's the first place I'd look. Master planned community, right in the middle of everything. Very nice and pretty expensive. If you want to live in a more historical setting try Thornton Park. It's beautiful and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and renovating these old homes. You'll pay a pretty penny for it but should be able to find something in your price range.

Look over on the east coast. Merritt Island, and Cocoa are nice. Only about 35 min to KMCO.

It all depends what you're looking for. Personally, there are alot of other places I'd rather be living but that's another subject.
If you have kids, or plan to have kids, I would recommend the Dr. Phillips and/or Windermere area. The schools are allegedly better and home values to continue to increase. Don't know where you're coming from but alot of the newer properties are on postage stamp sized yards. This also puts him approximately 30 minutes or less from MCO. That may be not too big a deal depending on the line he gets. If you want to get more bang for the buck house wise may have to go to Davenport or even Lakeland. Further commute but again if you're gone 4-5 days may not be that big of a deal. $400K (for now) will buy you a nice place. Oh, and if you do buy into SW Orlando be prepared to drive the latest and hippest cars or else you won't fit in - joking somewhat.

Replies - so far so good. My husband warned me of the type of rhetoric that can happen in these threads. I appreciate the feedback, and if any of your wives want to chime in on early SWA life please let them have a seat for a while! :p

Take care,
the "Whiff"

We did a lot of househunting in the Oveido area about 3.5 years ago and that seemed like a pretty nice place. Schools were supposed to be pretty good and it was far enough out of town but still commutable 4 times a month. Didn't end up moving there, but we were real close. Just another place to maybe look at.

FJ

Good schools (Wekiva Elementary, Rock Creek Middle School, Lake Brantley HS) in the Longwood (Wekiva Springs) area in the Sweetwater or Sabal Point Subdivisions. Both subdivisions are built around golf courses. Houses start about $200k on up.

Move 1 hour north to Ocala. Easy drive on the turnpike the whole way.
Some areas in Orlando will take you just as long top drive.
400K in Ocala will buy you a mansion on a couple acres. Or a banging house at Leeward air ranch if you'd like to live in a flyin community.

MDP727 said:
Move 1 hour north to Ocala. Easy drive on the turnpike the whole way.
Some areas in Orlando will take you just as long top drive.
400K in Ocala will buy you a mansion on a couple acres. Or a banging house at Leeward air ranch if you'd like to live in a flyin community.

I agree Ocala is nice but it's closer to two hours from Orlando...bit of a stretch isn't it?

Latest resources

Back