SWA Letters for online app?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Launchpad

Doesn't anyone know beyond speculation what will be required for the online app regarding letters of rec? Will they be typed in, scanned, or not necessary until the interview?

Thanks

I asked LL if they were going to require letters for the online app and she said no. Having ten letters or no letters wont speed up your interview chances.

Letters come into play at decision board time. Lindsey said simply bring all your letters of rec with you when you get an interview.

Good Luck and HNY.

Oak

LOR's

At Rebakah Krones presentation at HPA we saw the application and there was a question "Do you have three letters of recommendation..." and the answer was a simple bubble YES/NO. She said letters would be bought into the interview with you, or possibly faxed in ahead of time, but they definitely weren't going to be seeing them until after an interview invite. She also stressed to make sure your letters were as current as possible. Get on the phone and make sure all your 'writers' are on standby to pump out current editions.
Good Luck all,
Herewegoagain.

another letter rumor

Flew with a check airman this weekend. He was up on the new process. However, his letter of rec take was different. He seemed to believe the letters would be an online form also, very much streamlined. He said he had seen the "form" to fill out. In addition to writing a letter it had checkboxes for questions like:
Have you flown with Moe?
How many years have you know Larry?
Does Curly have any negative traits?

etc....

Other than this difference what he said is pretty much what you can read on this board about the rest of the selection to interview process.

slug

Larry, Curly and Moe,

Those guys were not only my heroes but they were also Jewish, According to Adam Sandler!

I reference the Hanukkah Song palyed so many times this past Holiday Season on one of our local radio stations.

Flew with a check airman this weekend. He was up on the new process. However, his letter of rec take was different. He seemed to believe the letters would be an online form also, very much streamlined. He said he had seen the "form" to fill out

Talked to LL today....she said there was a way SWA guys could get online and submit letters of rec :)

Will the online app be found via a link on southwest.com? Is the type a must to submit the app online? What is the launch date for this? Thanks in advance.

Location of app site

The app site will be on the Southwest.com site under careers, pilots. A link on the page will take you to it & you will begin filling out the form. Here are some suggestions on making the process painless, less frustrating for those non-computer types (like me).

- Have all your data, flight times, references, names & other data available to you when you sit down & fill it out.

- The screens on each page will time out on you if you take too long to fill out the screen...no walking away for 30 minutes while you call your buddies for addresses.

- I've been told there will be an option in the process to save your data & then obviously edit it at a later point. The geeks are determining now if that can be done while you are filling out the app or can only be done at the completion of the app.

- The question has come up on whether an entire page must be filled out before one can go to the next page or not & then all the way to the end without completing each page. My understanding the program will not allow you to go to the next section until the current section is completed fully. This is being looked at as we speak. More to follow on that issue but regardless, have your data all ready when you sit down the first time.

Letters of recommendation or letters that may address concerns about a particular interviewee can be submitted on line by SWA pilots to make it easy for them for feedback on interviewees. SWA posts the names of all interviewees in all the pilot lounges & pilots are offered the opportunity to contribute positive or negative comments on these folks via the electronic format. As far as I know, typed letters other than these can also be submitted to the decision board.

With so many folks using the system initially there are bound to be some problems. For those who can not get on the first day, don't dismay. Apps aren't being downloaded for sometime & when they are, "most qualified" will be used for calling for interviewees so don't sweat if you don't finish up your app within 24-72 hours of the opening salvo...put your hands above the keyboard, step away from the desk & go hug your kid/wife for awhile, start the process later. As always, if you have questions, contact SWA PD, they'll be there to help.

Hope that helps. The two big whigs who have ALL THE ANSWERS on the pilot side of the house (these will be the ugly guys vs. the lovely PD doing their grand show) will be at the Air Inc on 17 Jan I've been told. All of the SWA folks there will be happy to answer questions also. Plus I think there is an open house at SWA sometime that weekend, Good luck, hope to see some of you there,

Latest resources

Back