SWA Letters for online app?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO!

After you get hired, you have six months to get the type. If you don't get the type within the allowed six months, the offer is rescinded(SP).

Having the type will definitely make you more competitive in getting the interview though.

Good Luck!

Might be a dumb question but....... Is this day the only day you can apply? Or is it just the 1st day that it opens up again for a few months? Unfortunately, i'll be on my frac tour the day the online application opens. Will I miss out on it or do I have a chance to do it when I get back? If not, I feel a fever coming on.

app window

I believe they are planing to accept applications indefintiely at this stage. You can apply when you get home from your trip.
regards,
Herewegoagain

xpress1

The short answer would yes. I would make sure whatever internal references you have are resubmitted for two simple reasons IMHO. One is the fact that judging from when you first applied & the probable date on those letters that might appear somewhat out of date. The 2nd reason is the new system of on line LOR has been set up specifically to match up LORs with apps. By submitting an electronic version this will make sure that when the DB meets they have all the info on your package that will give you the best opportunity to get hired. Again, I have no way of knowing for sure but that is my advice for what it is worth,

cheers & good luck

Talked with my Chief Pilot in BWI. He said that SWA pilots could either do the letter of recommendation on line, or give the letter to the applicant & have him bring it with him to the interview.

Just curious if the "3" letters of recommendation need to be from Southwest Pilots, or can they be from anyone you have flown with in the past?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back