• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would argue that the only people who are "disrespecting dead kids" are the ones continuing to claim that their airline has never had a fatal accident, despite a dead kid.

Let me fix it for you PCL...

No passenger has ever perished on a SW plane. Ever.

Even after 3000 flights a day for almost 42 years (that's over 15 thousand days). And I hope that record continues for another 40+ years.

Was the MDW accident tragic? Absolutely. But you have trouble with the SW safety record above?

I would argue that the only people who are "disrespecting dead kids" are the ones continuing to claim that their airline has never had a fatal accident, despite a dead kid.

Just shut up while you're behind.

red, while that's a more honest statement, it's still intentionally deceptive. Your company's airplane struck a car and killed a child. Perhaps instead of talking about how no one has died on your airplanes, you should instead just stick to touting the overall safety record. Frankly, the record is impressive (even though I think it's purely luck). You shouldn't need to spin the truth to make it sound good.

luck
noun: luck
1. Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.

Yep, that's most definitely it.

Are you arguing that your company's practices are superior in safety than Delta's, United's, American's, etc.? I think that would be a difficult argument for you to make. Luck is the obvious explanation.

Are you arguing that your company's practices are superior in safety than Delta's, United's, American's, etc.? I think that would be a difficult argument for you to make. Luck is the obvious explanation.
No, I'm arguing that our safety record is exemplary and attributing it to luck is absolutely ridiculous. If you truly believe that luck is what prevents aviation accidents then I submit you are a buffoon.

Frankly, the record is impressive (even though I think it's purely luck). You shouldn't need to spin the truth to make it sound good.

Impressive? Yep.

So your assertion is 40+ years of luck?

I can see where a college class in Statistics may have helped you here. Is it possible that some luck was involved? Sure, but the shear number of years more than make up for 'just luck'.

No, I'm arguing that our safety record is exemplary and attributing it to luck is absolutely ridiculous. If you truly believe that luck is what prevents aviation accidents then I submit you are a buffoon.

That's not what I said, clearly. But you've had no fatalities on your airplanes over the same time period that most other airlines have had at least some. My point is that that is luck, because your safety practices are certainly not superior to theirs. The overall radical improvement in safety industry-wide has definitely not been luck, which can be attributed to a lot of things.

Toad, instead of digging to china, why don't you go outside and help clear the roadways here. At least by doing that you'll accomplish something...

RV

Latest resources

Back