• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sound like your still trying to convince your self you made the right choice .

By how much your on an airline Fourm , I think you have a long way to go in convincing yourself. :)

Bingo. Air cobras thinking is so out dated. Must be his old age.

You sound like your still trying to convince your self you made the right choice .

By how much your on an airline Fourm , I think you have a long way to go in convincing yourself. :)

Nah jut trying to let others know there is another world out there if airline flying doesn't do it for you anymore. I make more money and I am home a lot more. I am pretty happy. The only complaint is how much more paperwork I have to do.

I have noticed that my corporate friends are a lot happier with their jobs than most airline guys. However, that also comes along with the fact those guys are a lot more willing to move wherever their job takes them. And most of them slogged it out for many years in crappy charter jobs before making it to those good gigs.

Every carrier involved in a purchase/merger of another carrier is deemed distressed by the FAA. You'd know that, since you're a self proclaimed veteran of the industry.

SWA was having issues in flight ops long before AirTran was saved. What's your next excuse Wave ? A unicorn wearing an AirTran hat buggered you on the way to work ?

Have any AirTran pilots been involved in your last string of events ? The answer is ....... No.

Wait... I get it-- you used to use a unicorn as your avatar. Stop buggering the Southwest guys on their way to work, already!

Bubba

I have noticed that my corporate friends are a lot happier with their jobs than most airline guys. However, that also comes along with the fact those guys are a lot more willing to move wherever their job takes them. And most of them slogged it out for many years in crappy charter jobs before making it to those good gigs.

True at least for me. I had to move to the Northeast and spent three years flying charter. It was not a great job but it beat being furloughed and making no money. I had more time off with the charter job but you couldn't count on any sort of set schedule, just random days off each month. It was interesting though. I got trained in a new aircraft, went to a bunch of weird places, and operated more independently, so in most respects it never got to be the same old grind. The key though with getting hired for a corporate job was already having the type rating.

Every carrier involved in a purchase/merger of another carrier is deemed distressed by the FAA. You'd know that, since you're a self proclaimed veteran of the industry.

SWA was having issues in flight ops long before AirTran was saved. What's your next excuse Wave ? A unicorn wearing an AirTran hat buggered you on the way to work ?

Have any AirTran pilots been involved in your last string of events ? The answer is ....... No.

Still your fault dicko

And your unicorns wear the hat?

What are they? Rapist Unicorn Kernals?

I see what you are saying but airline flying does not have to be the end all in aviation. I though I would be an airline pilot all my life until I actually did it. I got furloughed (horrible at the time but now probably the best thing that happened to me) and wound up with 135 gig, then a corporate job and never looked back. When I listen to what you guys put up with I just shake my head and ask "why?"

There are a lot of other avenues to explore. I have friends that went into aircraft sales, production test flying, instructing, CBP, or consulting and never looked back. We laugh about the airline BS we used to put up with and worry about. It all seems so trivial now (I mean no offense, I know its your livelihood).

I mean if you guys are wrapped up in 2% versus 2.3% or if you are going to be 4300 or 4301 on a seniority list, did you think of exploring different opportunities? There is a lot of different opportunities out there if you can get out of the mindset that if things don't work at Air Express you will have to go work at Express Air.

Amongst all this crap on here this is very good post. Lot's of very interesting, non airline jobs and resulting lifestyles out there. And plenty of Airline Pilots whose life is a train wreck. Nothing wrong with a good airline job and nothing wrong with plenty of other gigs out there. No doubt the best job is probably some cushy corporate job out there.
The worst are the pilots that think their airline is the best, everyone should be applying to their airline, etc. etc. Almost as bad is the wankers that, like you said, get wrapped up in "2% here vs. 2.3% there".
The happiest, most successful pilots out there enjoy flying airplanes to fund a nice life that doesn't have one's identity wrapped up in who they fly for.

With all due respect Slaquer it sounds to me like he has got it figured out and you may be the one wearing SWA warrior spirit t-shirts on you days off?

Amongst all this crap on here this is very good post. Lot's of very interesting, non airline jobs and resulting lifestyles out there. And plenty of Airline Pilots whose life is a train wreck. Nothing wrong with a good airline job and nothing wrong with plenty of other gigs out there. No doubt the best job is probably some cushy corporate job out there.
The worst are the pilots that think their airline is the best, everyone should be applying to their airline, etc. etc. Almost as bad is the wankers that, like you said, get wrapped up in "2% here vs. 2.3% there".
The happiest, most successful pilots out there enjoy flying airplanes to fund a nice life that doesn't have one's identity wrapped up in who they fly for.

And that doesn't mean I don't like my airline, on the contrary, I'm quite loyal to it, wouldn't trade jobs with any pilot out there....I just don't have a lot of tolerance for those pilots that think the whole world revolves around "their" airline.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back