• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Swa June Db

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What can I say, its been a long enjoyable career. Actually the B737 type was the only one that I ever purchased. I interviewed the first time with SWA in 1992 when I was a F/E for TWA. Ultimately I was unsuccessful. They then put in place the 1000 PIC turbine requirement and it took me until 2002 to log the time necessary to re-apply. I was at TWA at the whole time. Then I lost my left seat gig when AA bought us up and I have been waiting since for this interview. I think I may have the record of longest time between first and second interview (14 year, 2 months!) Still want to be there and still trying!!

Can't wait to try again.

Helmsmen

I truly wish you the best of luck, Helmsmen. It actually inspires me some. As I too am waiting on a second shot... Only been a couple of years for me, but patience does not always come easy to me.

ps... the string of ratings is quite impressive.

Take Care,

Actually the B717 and the DC9 rating are the same but I couldn't resist putting it in my profile that way. It makes it look numericaly right somehow. It was a strange series of industry events that created the long gap between my first and second interview. I am sure that it will be a far shorter time for you. Keep the faith!

Helmsmen

Calls start Monday

A good friend of mine working the Open House today spoke with a HR rep that stated calls will start Monday. Good Luck all!

Anyone know when letters went out? I don't know how much longer I can hold off the mailman. Those guys are pretty determined.

Hey guys,
I can confirm that calls will not go out untill the ealiest tonight. Stopped by the people dept. on the day of the board at 4PM. The board was still in session and they didn't know when they'd finish. Must be looking at a lot of guys.
Was at the open house yesterday and heard they're trying to build up the pool. Good luck to all. Hope to see ya on the line.

Latest resources

Back