Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Read this article by some "tool" that claims to be a travel expert. He blames unions for some airline problems and calls Jet Blue and Southwest "unAmerican"...what a tool....seems to me he has no idea about our industry.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9342052/

oopps.... I didn't see it was here already, sorry guys/gals

>>Joel Widzer is an expert on loyalty and frequent flier programs. He is the author of "The Penny Pincher's Passport to Luxury Travel," a guidebook on traveling in high style at budget-friendly prices. E-mail him or visit his Web site. Want to sound off about one of his columns? Try visiting Widzer's forum.<<

This guy may be the largest tool with armed with the most fallacious arguments that I've ever read.

>>I fear for Northwest and for the economy. Losing yet another major airline will hurt our transportation industry badly. It is time to reward airlines that have graciously withstood economic recessions, terrorism, high oil prices and labor disputes.
Showing support for the backbone of the U.S. airline industry shows support for the ideals of America. Don’t let labor unions rob the United States of well-paying jobs with their inflated demands. Instead, fly an airline faced with a labor dispute, and keep flying even when the carrier faces bankruptcy. <<

>>The future of American air transportation rides in the cabins of the nation’s big airlines. For more than 70 years, airlines like American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines have proudly served the interests of American travelers. Along the way, they have helped businesses earn trillions of dollars, worked with the government to secure our borders, and given travelers a way to explore the wonders of the world.
And what have they gotten in return? Travelers have taken advantage of airlines’ willingness to maintain competitive fares and repaid it with fleeting loyalty and indifference. At the same time, selfish labor unions have drained the big airlines’ coffers and predatory upstart carriers have poached their routes. <<

The way he paints it, the legacies are the Mother Theresas of the industry, doing nothing but good for goodness' sake. I never knew the extent of altruism among the elite carrieres until I read this article! Wow! I'm sure profit and keeping competition out had no motivating force. Please.
I encourage you to "sound off" on his forum.

Well Southwest is actually to blame for all the industry woes.

Ok, lighten up.......I AM KIDDING!

For one thing the economy of the country is some what depent on air travel .And if airlines can just pick the best cities and forget the rest, well in the end the system will fail.

Jet Blue.....

Hey isn't it true the guys at JetBlue have to clean the planes?

Last edited:
Laughing_Jakal said:
Hey isn't it true the guys at JetBlue have to clean the planes?

I find it interesting that nobody jumps SW's sh!t about the fact that they too clean planes.

Geez I'm tired of this topic. Get over it!

Latest resources

Back