Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Juvat

Used Register
I just got a call from the SWA People Department telling me that I'll be staying at the Sheraton Suites during class (as opposed to the Rennaissance like most other classes). I'm just posting this as a heads up to future classes since this place might be a possibility for you too. It seems like a nice hotel, and is still reasonably close to Love Field. Has anyone stayed there before? I couldn't find anything on their website about a workout room. Here's the website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=96

So is the Jan 3 class. The welcome party for us is over at the Rennaissance though. Since we'll both be at the Sheraton the next week, I'd like to motion that we hold the Jan 9th party at the Sheraton.

-Fate

Sounds good to me

Who is running the party/buying the pizza and beer? The Jan 3 class, or somebody at the PD?

old class buys for new class, welcome aboard!

I was in the Aug 12 class and we stayed at the Sherton Suites also. The rooms are way better than the Renaissance (separate bedroom and living room with a refridge and microwave), but the Gym sucks. It has one universal, one bench with some free weights, 2 treadmills, 2 stair-steppers and a bike. The hotel is right accross the road from the Renaissance so there no disadvantage driving time. You'll enjoy it. If you can do it, bring a car, life is much more bearable that way.

See You on the 9th

Juvat,
Thanks for the update on your class--looking forward to seeing you on the 9th.

I agree with FatesPawn that we ought to have your welcome party at the Sheraton so we don't have to worry about the logistics between hotels...don't know if we have a say in or not though.

I went to the web link you provided on the hotel and it says in the overview section that they do have a workout room, but no details on if it's as nice as the Rennaissance. I hear they have free local calling and 25% discount on food. The suites look "very nice".

From the link on the hotel:

Overview
The Sheraton Suites Market Center is located in the heart of Dallas, across from the World Trade Center, Infomart, Market Hall, Apparel Mart and Furniture Mart. Our facilities include an indoor and outdoor pool, whirlpool, fitness center, restaurant, lounge and ample meeting space.

Can't believe I'll be in the second day of orientation one week from today!!
Speed

Skater--just saw your post...you must type faster than me--thanks for the intel on the Hotel and car. I have a 13 hour drive, but decided it was worth it for the convienance.

Last edited:
Rooms look nice. Wonder if we can get a deal on the high speed wifi. It says it is available for a charge, but most places I stay these days offer it to guest and crews for free. Otherwise, looks real nice.

cheers,
TJ

Good point on the wifi. We really do need to work a deal on that. When I called the hotel earlier today, they said that wifi costs $10/day (yikes!) I'll bet this is something that can be fixed with asking nicely and a couple cases of imported beer.

Give it a shot!

Can't hurt trying to get them to reduce the Wi-Fi costs, but most hotels contract their Wi-Fi out to other companies and the billing is done directly through the thrid parties. Still, it might not hurt to have some call them as well. I hope you get it worked out by the time I get down there!

Latest resources

Back