SWA Is Smart...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Canyonblue-

That is just an awesome tune. I've been playing a lot of guitar in this pool while I am not flying for the Reserve and I think that could be my new favorite song...especially if they get me to class by summertime!

Yikes

Oak,

And then there's yours, I scroll down the page and jolt right off my chair when I see that big yellow thing.

Sometimes I even spill my beer...

Second to that

Q,

I'll second that. Oak's Av scares the begeezus out of me everytime I see it. It is a shame beer is inadvertently wasted like that.

On another note:

Asst CP called with the official call yesterday. Great guy. Said with some certainty that there will be another Feb class, but said they had to look at all the factors before making the final call.....said the same for classes after Feb too.

Last edited:
Congrats Slug!!!!

And a hearty "Second!" on remarks re avatars of QXE (absolutely the coolest avatar on the board, by a long shot), and OAK (what are you THINKIN, man?!?!?)!

Best wishes to all the poolies -- may your day of good news be quickly approaching, with increasing momentum!

Snoopy

Just reading all the posts.....

Offline guys sure love jumpseating on us - thats a fact. Best frequency/ontime arrivals in the industry.

Overall, SWA Pilots are happy with what we got going... Things are always getting better. We have the quickest upgrade in the industry (Majors- yes, SWA is a Major Airline). We don't have to wait for someone to retire/die to upgrade like most folks do at other airlines... because we are growing all the time.

A lot of guy retire early here. 401K, A Plan, B Plan who gives a crap as long as you have enough when its all said and done.

I personally, would not be happy going to work flying all night and then trying to get back onto a day schedule like the rest of the World. I've seen FedEx guys in their 40's that look like they are in their 60's. I would not like to have everyother landing in DTW, ATL, MSP, DFW, ORD, DEN etc..

I'm happy where I am at. I do think some of my friends are crazy not to consider a career with Southwest. (We are talking < then a year at other carriers and now furloughed.) Laughing at me? My one buddy does not wish to give up his seniority number at US Airways (hired 2000). I guess we always need real estate professionals.

I think = Delta, Northwest, Jet Blue, Airtran & Southwest Airlines will make it through this mess. I think UAL and US Airways are done. Not sure about AMR... although they seem to be moving faster then UAL in making changes.

Now be nice to me.

Piling on

I just want to pile on and say that SWA has always been the best in giving offline guys (me) a seat. You guys got me home during the Christmas rush and I will always have a spot on my airplane for a LUV pilot.

In this day and age of majors in dire straits, it is amazing how many major pilots look down their noses at me, an ahem, LCC guy, when I need a ride (very occasionally). Instead of just being friendly and giving the old 'Welcome aboard'. Nothing overt, but it is there, and it gets old real fast.

My Avatar

Oak,

I will be happy to pass my avatar on to you (please take it, I insist. I can't stand to lose another drop of beer looking at yours.) or anyone else in the pool, as I will be drying off real soon and will no longer need it. It will have been 460 day under water, you will need something unless you grew gills.

Last edited:
Yeah I think you guys are right. Just as long as we all have jobs regardless of pay and work rules then all is well. Hey that's just like a bus driver! After reading some of the banter on here I realize this profession is doomed. ;)

Latest resources

Back