SWA Interviews...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Waivering the 1000 hr PIC

Over the last 32 years of SWA has SWA waived the 1000 PIC requirement? I have no way of knowing definitively if they have or not. I've been told they haven't. Is it possible that at some point in time somewhere in the past there may have been 1 or 2 individuals who may have been just a few hrs short of the requirement were allowed to apply without the minimums?

Miles maybe offering his opinion as fact, I have no way of knowing for sure but here is reality 101...the number of folks who DO meet the minimums make waiving the current minimums moot. One can speculate that "I'll be the lucky one & get by without the mins" & I believe you will have been led down that road by false hope. It ain't going to happen so while Miles's comments maybe indeed 100% accurate, in these current times it only causes consternation in those who are just a little shy and may cling to the hope that SWA will change it for "them" and no one else.

For folks who have read enough of my posts I believe you understand that I don't bring false hope to folks & in this case I believe this thread might contain it if I didn't put a caveat like this out there. Get the total hrs, PIC time and don't plan on something that may have happened in the past with 1 or 2 pilots unless you believe winning the Lotto game is pretty easy to do....as Clint use to say, "Do you feel lucky punk?" If you're that lucky you must not be a real pilot, right?

No slam intended Miles, just my own thoughts about your comment.

Not to mention if one was to get called for an interview with not even the minimums, assuming you made it through the interview board & then met the Decision Board, does anyone think your chances of getting hired when one doesn't even meet the minimums while EVERYONE else does meet the minimums is very good? Once you've met the board & been turned down you won't be able to apply for 2 yrs from your interview. Within that period of time one could imagine getting the few hrs one needed for PIC could occur which won't do you any good until you re-apply in 2 yrs! Think about, if you're close, beg, borrow, charm your way into a position to get those PIC hrs. Put the ball in your court instead of asking for the "theoritical, once in a lifetime, one of kind" waiver that may or may not exist! Cheers & happy flying,

Re: Waivering the 1000 hr PIC

chase said:
Once you've met the board & been turned down you won't be able to apply for 2 yrs from your interview.

According to the "thanks, but no thanks" letter my friend got last week, it's one year to re-apply. FWIW...

Miles U-toole,

Did you just make that up to start an argument? You know as well as the rest of us that they don't waiver from their requirements. Of course, they could waiver if they wanted, they make the rules but they aren't going too.

I put my app in early march and got called about a week ago for a June interview. Just hadn't posted cause I just got on this site and couldn't respond till today.

34,000 hours
ex-shuttle astronaut
former blue-angel
thick head of hair
nobel peace prize second runner up
owner of compromising photos of Herb
no call yet.........

1,000 PIC requirement

This was not a requirement until the fall of 1990. It's their airline, they can and will waive what they want.

Right now I'm waving goodbye!

juan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back