• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From 2nd quarter report.

2003 - 12 more -700's Retire 4 -200's
2004 - 42 -700's Retire 17 -200's
2005 - 34 -700's Retire 5 - 200's (200's gone by mid 05)
2006 - 38 -700's

Net gain of 92 aircraft in 2004-2006

Bake

Retirements in '04?

Chase & gang:

Thanks for all the info. Wow what a weekend:

- A rookie ranked 396th in the world wins the British Open.
- One of my best friends gets married to an incredible woman
- SWA accelerates orders to get net gain of 25 Aircraft in '04
- The Dawgs beat Florida in Jacksonville and win the SEC EAST...wait that was a nice dream...We're going to beat Florida the first weekend in Nov and hopefully beat Auburn again in the SEC Championship game! :D

Seriously, can one of you SWA pilots peer into your crystal ball and take a conservative wag at the retirements in 2004? (just assume medical and age 60 retirements and not all those folks calling in rich)

Net of 25*10 folks is 250 trainees + retirements...Is this an accurate assessment?

Congrats to all the poolies!

Yahtz

Hey Yahtzee, hear that? chomp chomp chomp... mmmm... its an alligator chomping on some dawg meat:)

Congrats for you all on posting a record 49th consecutive quarter profit.

Last edited:
Interview

I submitted my App 17 Nov 2001 (great time to be looking for an Aviation job wasn't it?) I met all requirements and have kept my paperwork current and give Lindsey a call every couple months to ask questions and let them know I am alive and still desire employment witht he company.

I have no hard facts, however here is my guesstimation. I would assume there are about 600-900 apps with types. At the peak of SWA's interviewing process they interviewed as many as 25 applicants a day. That equates to 2 months of interviewing to burn thru the Typed guys.

As to taking the 8K gambel. Fortunately, I am currently employed by a stable company in a flying position. As much as I would deeply love to call SWA my home, if its not in the cards then so be it. As Chase said, its a business descision by the company to either hire or not hire you, nothing personal.

Too all of you out there not flyinf for pay at the monment. There ARE corp jobs out there. You just have to find them. Good luck to all and I hope to see you in Dallas some day

feel the LUV

Latest resources

Back