SWA Interview: Hotel and Transportation Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Renaissance vs. The Rest

Same happened to me, they ran out of rooms at the SWA price. I chose to spend the extra bux and be where the people are. You don't have to stay out partying at the bar, but you can drop in - meet some of the other people you will be interviewing with. Most importantly, you (WILL) meet a ton of SWA pilots in town for training. You might even know one or two.

Added to this, a portion of the people down in the bar are guys who interviewed that day and could not get out of town or just wanted another night in a great hotel to unwind prior to going home. Great info passed on and it is truly fresh gouge on things like LOI scerarios etc.

Think of it this way - If you get ANY new pertinent interview info, renew any old friendship that might help in some way-shape-form, or start new friendships with someone from SWA..... what is that worth if it helps you get this job?

In my opinion, the Renaissance is where this will happen, the other hotels is where it won't happen. If you stay there, there is a chance you will reap some of those benefits I mentioned - no guarantee but a good chance (It happened that way for me). If you don't stay there, in all likelihood you will still do great in your interview and get hired. So I am not saying that the Renaissance is the key to getting hired - YOU are. I just think it has some significant advantages when compared to other places to stay and I wanted to point them out.

But, it is only money and you have probably already spent a lot to this point to get the interview, so why quit now? This is the job you want for the rest of your professional flying career, might as well leave no stone unturned.

Best of luck no matter where you stay! It is a very cool experience.

Jerky

I got the Renaissance, I just changed it. The higher price is worth it to say you did everything to get a feel for SWA and make sure they get a feel for you.

I ended up at the Holiday Inn Select, but I was meeting some friends at the Renaissance for dinner and drinks. The Holiday Inn was more than happy to drive me over and pick me up, and they gave me a really good rate. Also, when I got to the Renaissance they said they would give me SW rate if I wanted to change hotels, which at that point there was know need.

Just a couple of money saving thoughts, these days every little bit counts!

Be cautious!

When you go down to the bar, realize that you are most likely in earshot of the very folks who will interview you. I was in town for a PC last week and was talking to a guy that does interviews and he mentioned that every now and then interviewees say something they later regret while in the bar. I think it's great to go down and have a beer or two, shake a few hands, and meet some SWA folks, but please remember the possible audience.

This is a great place to be and you definitely want everybody to see you at your best.

Latest resources

Back