• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure fire way...

You know, there is a sure-fire way to avoid all speeding tickets... ws

titzlaroo,
perfect timing on your question. a day after posting my original question, i updated my on-line app with the 3 tickets. i didnt explane anything. (if they want to know, they will ask) in 2 hours they called me for the interview which i did late last week. they never even asked about the tickets at the interview.
by the way, does anybody know when the oct decision board has been scheduled?
fd

I was hired with 7 speeding tickets. I even listed tickets that weren't on my driving record but I know I received back in my college days. One of my interviewers mentioned a ticket during the interivew, but it was in a humorous sense, not a negative tone.

I did not want anything to be found during my backgroud check that wasn't on my application.

My two cents....

I was hired with 7 speeding tickets. I even listed tickets that weren't on my driving record but I know I received back in my college days. One of my interviewers mentioned a ticket during the interivew, but it was in a humorous sense, not a negative tone.

I did not want anything to be found during my backgroud check that wasn't on my application.

My two cents....

totally correct...I did the same thing...mention them...even give details...it does not matter as long as you are up front about it. I even heard if you don't know how many you had when you were younger just put "I had a bunch, but I was young and stupid". It works...I would rather tell too much with these than not enough.

Thanks for your replies. I know there are ways to avoid tickets, but we all make mistakes. If you don't have a speeding ticket, maybe you have hostage locked up in your basement....who knows. HAHA I've got 2 tix in the past 5 years, and 4 prior to that. Sounds like it doesn't play a huge factor. I definely put them all on the app. I had to update them later when I found out the exact dates of them.

Okay, so let's hear from some guys that didn't disclose every frownie face in 3rd grade. I'm sure there's lots of guys that never got questioned.

Latest resources

Back