Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falcondrivr

guys,
does anyone have any specific info on the SWA policy of interviewing pilot candidates with multiple speeding tickets. the general policy in the industry is that more than one is not good; yet im sure each company has their own spin on that. anyone know someone in the people dept?
thanks,
fd

falcondrivr said:
guys,
does anyone have any specific info on the SWA policy of interviewing pilot candidates with multiple speeding tickets. the general policy in the industry is that more than one is not good; yet im sure each company has their own spin on that. anyone know someone in the people dept?
thanks,
fd

The faster you were going the better you'll fit right in here at SWA. ( remember the "Groundspeed" callout.....its not in the book, but the 30 kt limitation is.)

But all kidding aside....depends on when you got your last ticket...if it was 4 or 5 years ago...you made some foolish mistakes, you have matured and you have learned from those mistakes.

Bottom line....the more time that has elapsed since your last ticket...the less dancing one should have to do.

Tejas

falcondrivr said:
guys,
thanks,
fd

I had 8-10 over the last 17 years with the last being over a year ago. I was still called to interview. Be honest and when/if questioned about them don't make excuses.

Just be honest and show them how you've matured. You'll be fine.

thanks for the encouragement guys; problem is ive been driving for 20 yrs and last tic was 15 yrs ago. then i got 3 in the last 2 yrs. makes me look like a tool on my app.

falcondrivr said:
thanks for the encouragement guys; problem is ive been driving for 20 yrs and last tic was 15 yrs ago. then i got 3 in the last 2 yrs. makes me look like a tool on my app.
I look like a bigger tool I guarantee you that. The bottom line is that if they want to hire you, they will. I know of dudes hired at legacies with more than you, and just as recent.

falcondrivr said:
First, sell whatever car is alowing you to drive so fast, second, they'll probably put you right into Capt upgrade...

I was hired with three speeding tickets. One was in college, one after flight school, and the most recent one was just a couple of months before I was called for the interview. I dreaded putting that one on the app, but did it anyway. Look, they want to hire honest, trustworthy people. I don't think any of these tickets went on my driving record because I did a driving course, they were too old, etc. But who wants to risk getting caught in a lie in the interview of their life. Be totally honest and up front about everything. Don't make excuses. Admit you screwed up (in whatever area) and what you've done to change it (sold the hotrod and now ride my STYLISH 1976 Schwinn 3 speed to work). They know that everyone has done something dumb before. It's how you handle it that defines you. Good luck.

In regards to putting speeding tickets on your SWA app....what's the general consensus with the description of the ticket? Should you put how fast you were going over the speed limit, or just put "speeding ticket". Should you describe the circumstances surrounding the ticket? I have no idea how fast over I was going on any of them. I just remember it was never more than 15 over.

as much info as you think is right. "I was going about xyz in a abc zone" If you can't remember one from 15 years ago, so what. The one from last year you might want to remember.

Latest resources

Back