Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA internal news postponed until 10:00a.m.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Supposedly our union tells us it is part of the new TA that the company has agreed to abide by. I don't know what to think of these 'negotiations' anymore. SWAPA tells us all the right things but the proof will be born out with what comes out in the new contract/TA. I for one am very nervous, as of course this is flying we could be doing on almost the same timetable. I also would vote NO for any agreement that relaxes the requirement on the company to meet the specific growth goal that has been agreed to in order to codeshare. We are starting down that slippery slope that so many of you all out there are already familiar with. With that said, it is apparent that Gary wants to renegotiate the codeshare TA and this is a very scary thing. Not good news at all for any of us currently on the list or for those wanting to be here someday in the near future.

Volaris doesn't fly to the US and SWA doesn't fly to Mexico. Which of these two situations do you think will change. I'm guessing the former unfortunately.

Be very afraid of this codeshare that WE could be flying

According to the post on SWA Life, Volaris will be flying to the US in 2009... I think that answers your question... Like Westjet, we are going to roll over and facilitate their growth while we stagnate if SWAPA and our membership doesn't watch this closely and drink too much company koolaid! Good Luck to us all!

Pax will be flown to border cities then loaded into box vans formerly used to smuggle illegal Mexicans across the border. Since the recent economic slowdown, demand for coyote services are generally down, a spokesman for the Coyote Services Assn. said their members are excited, seat pitch will be the same as SWA 737s, but the pax will be sitting under sacks of onions and weed. Snacks will be provided by Bimbo, using Little Debbie recipes. The first city pair will be SAN-TIJ starting Dec 1.
PBR

Maybe some day you guys will be able to handle the international ops. There's probably some FO's that came from Mesa or Express that could show you guys how to do it.

Volaris? I think I saw some of their A319s down in Toluca a few weeks ago when I took the owner there for business. It isn't the main airport in Mexico City, rather one on the outskirts of town. That does sound a lot like Southwest's business plan, though. Another airline was down there too called Interjet, also with Airbi. I don't think Volaris is a big airline in Mexico, but it probably is growing. Westjet is number two in Canada, though. Good luck with that.

According to the post on SWA Life, Volaris will be flying to the US in 2009... I think that answers your question... Like Westjet, we are going to roll over and facilitate their growth while we stagnate if SWAPA and our membership doesn't watch this closely and drink too much company koolaid! Good Luck to us all!

So you know how to run an airline better than Gary and the board? Maby you could put your app in. Did your research all our options or are you regergitating something you heard in the crewroom? Are you thinking for yourself or looking for the popular movement to join?

So you know how to run an airline better than Gary and the board? Maby you could put your app in. Did your research all our options or are you regergitating something you heard in the crewroom? Are you thinking for yourself or looking for the popular movement to join?

Hey bro, we are on the same team but klr has a very good point. Do we sit back and watch our jobs be outsourced because we trust GK to do the right thing? I got news for you but I think GK could shiv a git about us pilots. Hope I am wrong but this is the tip of the iceberg. Don't hold your breath that SWAPA pilots will be doing this flying anytime soon (if ever).

What company's RJ will be the first one painted in Canyon Blue and Red-bellied warrior red? Don't think it will happen? Curious why GK wants to renegotiate scope? The writing is on the wall. Whataburger not picking on you just making a point;)

Last edited:
Hey bro, we are on the same team but klr has a very good point. Do we sit back and watch our jobs be outsourced because we trust GK to do the right thing? I got news for you but I think GK could shiv a git about us pilots. Hope I am wrong but this is the tip of the iceberg. Don't hold your breath that SWAPA pilots will be doing this flying anytime soon (if ever).

What company's RJ will be the first one painted in Canyon Blue and Red-bellied warrior red? Don't think it will happen? Curious why GK wants to renegotiate scope? The writing is on the wall. Whataburger not picking on you just making a point;)

I totally understand your viewpoints and concerns. However, here lies our fundamental difference. I don't believe that the flying to Oh-Canada or Me-he-co is OURS. We don't own that flying, it's not ours. I honestly think that we need to find the smartest way to dip our toe in the international pool with out getting our foot bit off. We need to move SWA passengers to as many cities as possible so we can get our loads above 70%. ATA was supposedly a cash cow for us. We never had to even hire one person in Hawaii. I did not see that flying as ours.

Look here, we are flying the 737-7 like it was a 200. Do we really wanna go bursting through the door of the intl market or let someone do the dirty work for us?

I know my viewpoint is different than a lot of folks, but how do we know if Gary is right or wrong? Only hindsight will tell me if I'm a fool or not.

Dude. Your future is being outsourced. What part of that are not understanding?

Gup

Latest resources

Back