Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA internal news postponed until 10:00a.m.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like that new hire pool isn't going to drain any time soon. Looks like all the growth will be coming from codeshare. Better hope those old guys start to medical out.

I totally understand your viewpoints and concerns. However, here lies our fundamental difference. I don't believe that the flying to Oh-Canada or Me-he-co is OURS. We don't own that flying, it's not ours. I honestly think that we need to find the smartest way to dip our toe in the international pool with out getting our foot bit off. We need to move SWA passengers to as many cities as possible so we can get our loads above 70%. ATA was supposedly a cash cow for us. We never had to even hire one person in Hawaii. I did not see that flying as ours.

Look here, we are flying the 737-7 like it was a 200. Do we really wanna go bursting through the door of the intl market or let someone do the dirty work for us?

I know my viewpoint is different than a lot of folks, but how do we know if Gary is right or wrong? Only hindsight will tell me if I'm a fool or not.

Wow! If 51% of SW guys are like this happy employee, good freaking luck in the years ahead.

Last edited:
SWA Guys/Gals,

We let this flying go, we will never get it back. Our pilot group has the technology, skill and resources to do this flying in house. Just remember this when we vote for an agreement...we will never get it back.

-M

TC-

Our last contract was years ago. We have hired thousands of pilots that have seen different mgmnt styles. I hope the old days of guys just "falling in line" because they believe mgmnt will do "the right thing" are gone. With HK retirement, we have entered into a new chapter here at SWA and I hope the pilots realize that this chapter has yet to be written....and we can have a hand in what goes into it. Thx.

-M

mchdtw I couldn't have said it better myself. I think most of us are to varying degrees aware of this and will hopefully go blindly along with it.

mchdtw I couldn't have said it better myself. I think most of us are to varying degrees aware of this and will hopefully go blindly along with it.

That's your problem. You might want to read the codeshare part before you "go blindly along with it."

That's your problem. You might want to read the codeshare part before you "go blindly along with it."
For once you are right, that would be a problem. I MEANT to say that we hopefully WON'T go blindly along with it. Accidental omission of a very important word in that sentence!!

Latest resources

Back