• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep doing research, read NUTS and Hard Landing at a minimum. Look into jetBlue Fedex and UPS. Re examine the AF, and the guard/reserves. You've got options right now, in a few years (after you make some desicions) those options will narrow. So I'd plan carefully now (realising that no plan survives first contact).
If you go to SWA (or any other airline FTM) you'll have more time off and stability then if you stay AD, but AD money is actually pretty good (especially with the bonus). Airline flying is not exciting per se and there are some amazing things you MIGHT get to do if you stay AD. On the other hand you could be flying a UAV in a year. Or spend six months in Quatar. I LUV flying for SWA, if I were in your shoes I'd get the type rating and start looking for a guard reserve unit with a mission and location I could get my teeth into. Your times are adequet and no one can really say when you'd get called for an interview, but if you get the type and keep building turbine PIC they will call you someday.

Good luck

Last edited:
DOH = Date of Hire.

Latest resources

Back