SWA in EWR this morning!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snaab

Couldn't believe my eyes today: In the 04L departure congo line around 830 and I see none other than Southwest on final for 04R! Was it a charter or diversion??

SWA7660 EWR-ONT

Military Charter.

A dispatcher would probably use EWR as an alternate, as a LAST resort.

Phew, that's good to hear. Thanks! (I'm applying in a couple weeks and NEVER want SWA to deal with EWR.)

Phew, that's good to hear. Thanks! (I'm applying in a couple weeks and NEVER want SWA to deal with EWR.)

Be careful, thats what I said about Philly years ago!

I guess any place can't look too bad from the front end of a SWA 737 though.... We'll both end up in the new EWR SWA base now on perpetual reserve just because you brought it up !

I have night terrors thinking about newark and reserve. It's pretttty bad, I've been there.

I have night terrors thinking about newark and reserve. It's pretttty bad, I've been there.

I feel for ya, I've only had the displeasure of a few layovers there. The upper floors of the hotel had a great view of a max security prison next door. One of our pilots "did" an fa against the window of an upper floor room (over looking the prison yard) so the inmates could see how good life was on the other side of the fence!
I wasn't a witness, but knowing the guy and trusting the source I believe it. How about that for a tell me about a time story??????

Just now applying? At this point in your career you probably don't have much room to be picky about a) who hires u and b) where they go.

I personally could care less about any new mainline destinations that added total flying. If they wanted to add a Newark, or Columbus or where ever they saw the need and ability to be profitable for additional mainline flying? Have at it ;-)

I feel for ya, I've only had the displeasure of a few layovers there. The upper floors of the hotel had a great view of a max security prison next door. One of our pilots "did" an fa against the window of an upper floor room (over looking the prison yard) so the inmates could see how good life was on the other side of the fence!
I wasn't a witness, but knowing the guy and trusting the source I believe it. How about that for a tell me about a time story??????

I dare ya......:D

I dare ya......:D

Hey Dude,
Thanks again for buying HH & I dinner the other night!
You are right that would be a better story for NJ's....
There's a AZ billy goat looking for you..... it saw you hiking up a mountain side......:laugh:
Take care,
Z.

I for one already work here and would love to see ewr! There are a good number of pilots here that live in the north east and would love a base close to home!

Latest resources

Back