• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SWA Hopeful Rumor Mill

knelson

Total Time
not mu
*******CAUTION******** this is strictly a rumor. Heard today that SWA will soon raise the minimum Turbine PIC requirement to 1500. Anyone else hearing this rumor?

N1kawotg

Total Time
A few
Don't know if will ever be published, but the 1500 is the min anyone is being called for interview with. I also heard this. When you have thousands of apps and the majority has well more than that it kinda makes sense. But to see it in writing, I doubt it since they only have to call people who meet the parameters now anyway.

Tip Tank

Total Time
Yep, I've heard it from a SWA People Dept. person that the Turbine PIC time minimum varies between 1700 and 2300 to get an interview. Getting your 1000 and the going to another carrier to fly right seat again may not be a good idea if you're dead set on SWA!

NEDude

yada yada yada
Total Time
6000+
At AirInc this past weekend at DCA, the SWA folks said the current low end of PIC is about 1600-1800 PIC. They also said that they are looking for currency in the left seat.

AMRCostUnit

Back on the 737
Total Time
NEDude said:
... They also said that they are looking for currency in the left seat.

Well, that leaves me out.

Unit
13 year FO with no upgrade in sight...